Late McCracken penalty save ensures City U23s draw with Burnley
- Credit: Norwich City
Jon McCracken's penalty save in stoppage time ensured Norwich City's U23s recorded a goalless draw with Burnley's youngsters at Colney this afternoon.
David Wright's side were boosted by the return of Tyrese Omotoye and Andrew Omobamidele from injury with the pair able to play the first half for the young Canaries.
Lewis Robertson went close to opening the scoring in the first half. The Clarets striker failed to hit the target with his effort. Moments later, City had a chance of their own. An attack down the left saw Rob Nizet's cross met by Omotoye but his shot sailed over the bar.
Bobby Thomas failed to make the most of his opportunity to break the deadlock, heading Ne-Jai Tucker's free-kick over the bar.
Burnley had a chance to snatch a win late on when Robertson was brought down by McCracken in the penalty area. Joel Mumbungo stepped up but his strike was thwarted by the Scottish youth international.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich City XI: McCracken (C), Vaughan, Omobamidele (Warner, 45 (Rowe, 59)), Tomkinson, Nizet, Dronfield, Khumbeni, Giurgi, Dennis, Omotoye (Springett, 45), Hondermarck
Substitutes: Rose, Kamara
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 8 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
Bookings: Dronfield (45), McCracken (73), Nizet (86)
Burnley XI: Richter, Elva-Fountaine, Nartey, Thomas, Rain, Thompson, Tucker, Gomez, Taranis (Dodgson, 65), Mumbongo, Richardson
Substitutes: L Thomas, Glennon, Goodridge, Barrett
Bookings: Gomez Mancini (50), Thompson (85), Mumbongo (90+2)