Late McCracken penalty save ensures City U23s draw with Burnley
- Credit: Norwich City
Jon McCracken's penalty save in stoppage time ensured Norwich City's U23s recorded a goalless draw with Burnley's youngsters at Colney this afternoon.
David Wright's side were boosted by the return of Tyrese Omotoye and Andrew Omobamidele from injury with the pair able to play the first half for the young Canaries.
Lewis Robertson went close to opening the scoring in the first half. The Clarets striker failed to hit the target with his effort. Moments later, City had a chance of their own. An attack down the left saw Rob Nizet's cross met by Omotoye but his shot sailed over the bar.
Bobby Thomas failed to make the most of his opportunity to break the deadlock, heading Ne-Jai Tucker's free-kick over the bar.
Burnley had a chance to snatch a win late on when Robertson was brought down by McCracken in the penalty area. Joel Mumbungo stepped up but his strike was thwarted by the Scottish youth international.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich City XI: McCracken (C), Vaughan, Omobamidele (Warner, 45 (Rowe, 59)), Tomkinson, Nizet, Dronfield, Khumbeni, Giurgi, Dennis, Omotoye (Springett, 45), Hondermarck
Substitutes: Rose, Kamara
- 1 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 2 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 4 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 7 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 8 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
- 9 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 10 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
Bookings: Dronfield (45), McCracken (73), Nizet (86)
Burnley XI: Richter, Elva-Fountaine, Nartey, Thomas, Rain, Thompson, Tucker, Gomez, Taranis (Dodgson, 65), Mumbongo, Richardson
Substitutes: L Thomas, Glennon, Goodridge, Barrett
Bookings: Gomez Mancini (50), Thompson (85), Mumbongo (90+2)