Norwich City U23s 0 Swansea U23s 1 – Idah in action but Milovanovic sent off as young Canaries lose
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Three summer signings were in action as Norwich City Under-23s began their Premier League Two season, but couldn’t prevent a 1-0 home loss to Swansea.
The young Canaries played their opening Division Two fixture against the Swans and were beaten by a fine 25-yard strike from Brandon Cooper in the 34th minute at the Lotus Training Centre.
City's task was made more difficult in the 63rd minute when central midfielder Saul Milovanovic was sent off after picking up two yellow cards in quick succession.
First-team hopeful Adam Idah was in action but barely had any chances, with goalkeeper Archie Mair and midfielders Daniel Adshead and Aidan Fitzpatrick making their PL2 debuts at Colney on Friday afternoon.
Next up for David Wright's development squad is a trip to Sunderland next Sunday (midday kick-off), being played at the Eppleton Colliery Welfare Ground, the home of the County Durham FA.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich U23s: Mair; Thomas, Jones, Lomas, Famewo (C); Thorvaldsson (Martin 74), Milovanovic, Adshead, Fitzpatrick (Hondermarck 56); Idah, Ahadme (Scully 63). Unused subs: Johnson (GK), Omobamidele
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 5 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit