Norwich City U23s 0 Swansea U23s 1 – Idah in action but Milovanovic sent off as young Canaries lose
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Three summer signings were in action as Norwich City Under-23s began their Premier League Two season, but couldn’t prevent a 1-0 home loss to Swansea.
The young Canaries played their opening Division Two fixture against the Swans and were beaten by a fine 25-yard strike from Brandon Cooper in the 34th minute at the Lotus Training Centre.
City's task was made more difficult in the 63rd minute when central midfielder Saul Milovanovic was sent off after picking up two yellow cards in quick succession.
First-team hopeful Adam Idah was in action but barely had any chances, with goalkeeper Archie Mair and midfielders Daniel Adshead and Aidan Fitzpatrick making their PL2 debuts at Colney on Friday afternoon.
Next up for David Wright's development squad is a trip to Sunderland next Sunday (midday kick-off), being played at the Eppleton Colliery Welfare Ground, the home of the County Durham FA.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich U23s: Mair; Thomas, Jones, Lomas, Famewo (C); Thorvaldsson (Martin 74), Milovanovic, Adshead, Fitzpatrick (Hondermarck 56); Idah, Ahadme (Scully 63). Unused subs: Johnson (GK), Omobamidele
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Iwan Roberts: My Welsh wish for City keeper
- 10 'It’s difficult, but it’s a nice difficulty' - ex-City man's verdict on Buendia