Norwich City under 23s face Boro in final home game of the season
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Norwich City’s Under-23s play their final home game of the season on Friday night when they take on Middlesbrough at Carrow Road (7pm).
The youngsters haven’t appeared there since December, when they drew 2-2 against German side Wolfsburg in the Premier League International Cup.
Nelson Oliveira and Ant Spyrou scored that day, but neither will feature this time around with both out on loan.
City may well have Premier League 2 revenge on their minds – in the reverse fixture between the team, the Canaries suffered a narrow defeat at Heritage Park with Devonte Aransibia scoring their goal in a 2-1 loss. However, the visitors are without a win in 2019 and are eighth in the Division 2 table – City are 10th.
One to watch out for in their ranks is 16-year-old Nathan Wood, who in August became Boro’s youngest ever player to make a professional appearance for the club, coming on for ex-Canary Daniel Ayala in the EFL Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Entry to the match is free.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 6 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 9 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?