Norwich City under 23s face Boro in final home game of the season
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Norwich City’s Under-23s play their final home game of the season on Friday night when they take on Middlesbrough at Carrow Road (7pm).
The youngsters haven’t appeared there since December, when they drew 2-2 against German side Wolfsburg in the Premier League International Cup.
Nelson Oliveira and Ant Spyrou scored that day, but neither will feature this time around with both out on loan.
City may well have Premier League 2 revenge on their minds – in the reverse fixture between the team, the Canaries suffered a narrow defeat at Heritage Park with Devonte Aransibia scoring their goal in a 2-1 loss. However, the visitors are without a win in 2019 and are eighth in the Division 2 table – City are 10th.
One to watch out for in their ranks is 16-year-old Nathan Wood, who in August became Boro’s youngest ever player to make a professional appearance for the club, coming on for ex-Canary Daniel Ayala in the EFL Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Entry to the match is free.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 9 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 10 Young Canaries suffer last-gasp defeat in first game of 2021