Abrahams strikes to earn Norwich Under-23s a hard-fought victory
- Credit: Archant
Striker Tristan Abrahams led from the front as Norwich City’s Under-23s won 1-0 at Bury in the Premier League Cup.
Captaining the side in the absence of the suspended Adam Phillips, Abrahams settled the tie with a well taken goal in the 51st minute.
The former Leyton Orient forward was perfectly placed when a cross from Todd Cantwell was only half cleared and drilled the ball home to boost the Canaries’ chances of making progress from Group C of the competition.
The visitors, who had no players with first team experience in their line-up, had the better of the game and could have won by a bigger margin.
The match saw left back Jamal Lewis return to action after four months on the sidelines with a knee injury.
You may also want to watch:
City Under-23s: Oxborough, Fleming, Wallis, Odusina, Lewis, Sambu, Aransibia, Higgs, Cantwell, Fonkeu, Abrahams. Subs: Aarons, Hallett, Lomas, Kamal, Da Costa
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 4 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 7 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 8 Farke, Frankfurt and the future
- 9 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression