Abrahams strikes to earn Norwich Under-23s a hard-fought victory
- Credit: Archant
Striker Tristan Abrahams led from the front as Norwich City’s Under-23s won 1-0 at Bury in the Premier League Cup.
Captaining the side in the absence of the suspended Adam Phillips, Abrahams settled the tie with a well taken goal in the 51st minute.
The former Leyton Orient forward was perfectly placed when a cross from Todd Cantwell was only half cleared and drilled the ball home to boost the Canaries’ chances of making progress from Group C of the competition.
The visitors, who had no players with first team experience in their line-up, had the better of the game and could have won by a bigger margin.
The match saw left back Jamal Lewis return to action after four months on the sidelines with a knee injury.
You may also want to watch:
City Under-23s: Oxborough, Fleming, Wallis, Odusina, Lewis, Sambu, Aransibia, Higgs, Cantwell, Fonkeu, Abrahams. Subs: Aarons, Hallett, Lomas, Kamal, Da Costa
- 1 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 2 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 4 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 7 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 8 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
- 9 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 10 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought