Abrahams strikes to earn Norwich Under-23s a hard-fought victory
- Credit: Archant
Striker Tristan Abrahams led from the front as Norwich City’s Under-23s won 1-0 at Bury in the Premier League Cup.
Captaining the side in the absence of the suspended Adam Phillips, Abrahams settled the tie with a well taken goal in the 51st minute.
The former Leyton Orient forward was perfectly placed when a cross from Todd Cantwell was only half cleared and drilled the ball home to boost the Canaries’ chances of making progress from Group C of the competition.
The visitors, who had no players with first team experience in their line-up, had the better of the game and could have won by a bigger margin.
The match saw left back Jamal Lewis return to action after four months on the sidelines with a knee injury.
You may also want to watch:
City Under-23s: Oxborough, Fleming, Wallis, Odusina, Lewis, Sambu, Aransibia, Higgs, Cantwell, Fonkeu, Abrahams. Subs: Aarons, Hallett, Lomas, Kamal, Da Costa
- 1 'I rate him as the best midfield player in the league' - Warnock hails former City star
- 2 Decade of East Anglian Derby dominance for Canaries
- 3 Webber believes City will be better prepared for top flight if promotion can be secured
- 4 Casualty list at City is one for the fiction writers
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 6 Late McCracken penalty save ensures City U23s draw with Burnley
- 7 Former City keeper signs for Coventry ahead of Carrow Road clash
- 8 Farke's take on Krul and Pukki body blows
- 9 Main man Tettey has still got it
- 10 Get behind McGovern urges Farke