Norwich City Under-23s boss Matt Gill targets Cottagers victory
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City Under-23s boss Matt Gill wants to build on last week’s 3-0 win over Southampton when his side travel to Fulham in Premier League 2 this evening (kick-off 7pm).
Two own goals and a Louis McIntosh strike ensured victory for the Canaries over the Saints and Gill wants more of the same in London tonight.
“It was one of our better performances this season,” Gill told the club’s official website.
“I was really pleased a lot of the stuff we were working on came together. The most positive thing was the way we played, and individual performances within that.
“The biggest thing for me is the lads gaining consistency in their performances. Everyone is really pleased how we did on Friday but we need that again.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re hoping for a similar performance, although no two games are the same. Going away from home is a slightly different challenge and it will be a really good test for us.”
Gill has a number of injury concerns to contend with going into the match, as he explained: “We’ve got a few knocks and it will be a late decision on a couple.”
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes
“There’s a bit of illness in the camp too so we’ll give the boys as long as we can. Unfortunately, Savvas Mourgos has had to have surgery so will be out for a while.
“He’s had an operation on his ankle and I’m really gutted for the lad. He’d settled in very quickly with the lads and was showing some real ability in games.
“Savvas will be a massive miss to the squad but now it’s an opportunity for someone else. That’s the way football works.
“Some of the lads have been patient waiting for their opportunity and now they’ll get one.”