City dedicate new away kit to key workers
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Norwich City have unveiled the club’s new away kit for the 2020/21 season - and have dedicated it to key workers for their work throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
The Canaries have released the second of their three kits ahead of the new season, with the shirt described as being a ‘petrol blue’ colour.
Adopting a tagline ‘For the Heroes’, the club’s social media reveal features a doctor, nurse, police officer, shop worker, postman, bin loader, care assistant and security professional - all of whom were nominated by their respective organisations for their significant contributions during the recent period.
Sam Jeffery, Head of Commercial Operations, said: “Since COVID-19 hit, the community of Norfolk has really galvanised and worked together to support each other. As a club, we were determined to dedicate the entire launch of our away shirt as a showcase for all those key workers, across a variety of industries, that have so valiantly kept the county going since the pandemic hit.
“All the heroes that were nominated deserve to have their stories told, and spotlight shed on their profession, without which our county might not have continued to function as well as it has.”
You may also want to watch:
Kayleigh Coverdale, Head of Retail, said: “We’re really pleased to release our new petrol away kit for the forthcoming season and delighted to be able to showcase key workers from across numerous industries that continued tirelessly throughout lockdown.
“We look forward to seeing it in action for the first time in our Carabao Cup game against Luton next weekend.”
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 8 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 9 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 10 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
As with the home kit, principal club partner Dafabet will once again feature on the front of the home shirt while Bidstack will appear on the lower back of our match shirts for the first time. War Paint for Men will feature on the rear of the away match shorts.