City dedicate new away kit to key workers
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Norwich City have unveiled the club’s new away kit for the 2020/21 season - and have dedicated it to key workers for their work throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
The Canaries have released the second of their three kits ahead of the new season, with the shirt described as being a ‘petrol blue’ colour.
Adopting a tagline ‘For the Heroes’, the club’s social media reveal features a doctor, nurse, police officer, shop worker, postman, bin loader, care assistant and security professional - all of whom were nominated by their respective organisations for their significant contributions during the recent period.
Sam Jeffery, Head of Commercial Operations, said: “Since COVID-19 hit, the community of Norfolk has really galvanised and worked together to support each other. As a club, we were determined to dedicate the entire launch of our away shirt as a showcase for all those key workers, across a variety of industries, that have so valiantly kept the county going since the pandemic hit.
“All the heroes that were nominated deserve to have their stories told, and spotlight shed on their profession, without which our county might not have continued to function as well as it has.”
You may also want to watch:
Kayleigh Coverdale, Head of Retail, said: “We’re really pleased to release our new petrol away kit for the forthcoming season and delighted to be able to showcase key workers from across numerous industries that continued tirelessly throughout lockdown.
“We look forward to seeing it in action for the first time in our Carabao Cup game against Luton next weekend.”
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 5 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
As with the home kit, principal club partner Dafabet will once again feature on the front of the home shirt while Bidstack will appear on the lower back of our match shirts for the first time. War Paint for Men will feature on the rear of the away match shorts.