STARTING XIs: Klose returns as City and Brighton both make four changes
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Timm Klose returns from suspension as one of four changes to the Norwich City starting XI for today’s Premier League clash with Brighton (12.30pm).
Klose returns in defence after a one-game ban, with Tom Trybull dropping to the bench as captain Alex Tettey steps back into midfield.
Josip Drmic starts ahead of Teemu Pukki up front, Onel Hernandez replaces Todd Cantwell on the left wing and Ondrej Duda also returns, in place of Lukas Rupp as City revert to a 4-2-3-1 shape.
The Canaries come into the game seven points from safety with six games remaining, knowing that to have any chance of staying up they have to take a significant haul of points during the next week, from games against survival rivals Brighton, Watford and West Ham.
They are without centre-back Grant Hanley and full-back Sam Byram for the remainder of the season due to hamstring injuries, as well as midfielder Mo Leitner, who needs hernia surgery.
You may also want to watch:
Central defender Christoph Zimmermann has responded well to treatment on his back injury and is battling to return to action before the season has finished.
Daniel Farke’s team have lost seven of their last nine league games, scoring just twice, and are in danger of achieving City’s lowest points tally in the top flight since three points for a win was introduced in 1981 - needing 12 more just to match the 33 managed during the relegation seasons of 2005 and 2014.
Opposition view: Brighton revitalised since Project Restart
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 8 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 9 Morris hopes to have found a 'home' after leaving Norwich City for Barnsley
- 10 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
It’s four changes for the visitors as Adam Webster, Leandro Trossard, Neal Maupay and Aaron Mooy return in place of Shane Duffy, Dale Stephens, Martin Montoya and Alexis MacAllister.
Brighton come into the game 12 points clear of bottom side Norwich in 15th but still only six points clear of the bottom three. Graham Potter’s side followed a 2-1 win over Arsenal and a 1-1 draw at Leicester since the season resumed with a 3-0 home defeat to Manchester United on Tuesday.
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Godfrey, Klose, Lewis; Tettey (C), McLean; Buendia, Duda, Hernandez; Drmic. Subs: McGovern (GK), Trybull, Vrancic, Stiepermann, Rupp, Cantwell, Martin, Idah, Pukki
BRIGHTON (4-2-2-2): Ryan; Lamptey, Webster, Dunk (C), Burn; Bissouma, Propper; Trossard, Mooy; Connolly, Maupay. Subs: Button (GK), Montoya, Duffy, Bernardo, Stephens, Gross, March, Mac Allister, Murray
REFEREE: Stuart Attwell (West Midlands)
VAR: David Coote (Nottinghamshire)
Saturday: Man Utd v Bournemouth (3pm), Leicester v Palace (3pm), Wolves v Arsenal (5.30pm), Chelsea v Watford (8pm).
Sunday: Burnley v Sheff Utd (12pm), Newcastle v West Ham (2.15pm), Liverpool v Villa (4.30pm), Southampton v Man City (7pm).
Monday: Tottenham v Everton (8pm).