Norwich City v Burton Albion team news: Canaries bring Wes Hoolahan in as only change to winning team
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke has made just one change to the team which beat Birmingham 1-0 on Saturday for tonight’s home clash with Burton Albion.
Irish playmaker Wes Hoolahan comes into the starting line-up for youngster James Maddison in the central attacking midfield role, who drops to the bench for the Carrow Road encounter.
The 35-year-old started for Ireland in their World Cup qualifying defeat to Serbia at the start of last week and was then unused as the Canaries beat Birmingham at the weekend.
The visitors have made two changes from their team which lost 5-0 at Leeds on Saturday, Marvin Sordell and Luke Murphy coming in for Sean Scannell and Matty Lund, who miss out completely with calf problems.
Norwich: (4-2-3-1): Gunn; Pinto (C), Zimmermann, Klose, Stiepermann; Tettey, Trybull; Vrancic, Hoolahan, Murphy; Oliveira. Subs: McGovern (GK), Hanley, Husband, Reed, Wildschut, Maddison, Jerome
You may also want to watch:
Burton: (4-1-4-1) Bywater; Brayford, Buxton (C), Turner, Warnock; McFadzean; Mason, Murphy, Allen, Sordell; Akins. Subs: Ripley (GK), Naylor, Sbarra, Akpan, Dyer, Varney, Flanagan
City team news
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
Daniel Farke reported no fresh injury concerns yesterday. The German head coach hinted he will tweak his line-up. Alex Tettey may miss out on a second game in four days. Alex Pritchard, Matt Jarvis, Jamal Lewis and Louis Thompson remain long-term absentees.
Burton team news
Luke Murphy returns to the squad after being ineligible to play parent club Leeds. Hope Akpan was expected to still be out after picking up an injury in training before the international break but does make the break.
Burton manager – Nigel Clough
Back at Burton for a second spell after guiding the Brewers into the Football League, following promotion from the Conference in 2009. His success did not go unnoticed at Derby, where his famous father had carved out his managerial reputation in the 1970s. Returned to Burton in 2015 after a spell at Sheffield United. Led the Brewers to League One promotion and then Championship safety.
One to watch – Stephen Warnock
Vastly experienced former England international defender who joined Burton on a free transfer in June 2017. Broke through at Liverpool before moving on to Blackburn.
Referee – Andy Davies (Hampshire)
Last Norwich City game was one to forget for the Canaries. A heavy 5-1 Championship defeat at Sheffield Wednesday in March 2017. Shown 16 yellow cards in five appointments this season.