Norwich City v Burton Albion team news: Canaries bring Wes Hoolahan in as only change to winning team
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke has made just one change to the team which beat Birmingham 1-0 on Saturday for tonight’s home clash with Burton Albion.
Irish playmaker Wes Hoolahan comes into the starting line-up for youngster James Maddison in the central attacking midfield role, who drops to the bench for the Carrow Road encounter.
The 35-year-old started for Ireland in their World Cup qualifying defeat to Serbia at the start of last week and was then unused as the Canaries beat Birmingham at the weekend.
The visitors have made two changes from their team which lost 5-0 at Leeds on Saturday, Marvin Sordell and Luke Murphy coming in for Sean Scannell and Matty Lund, who miss out completely with calf problems.
Norwich: (4-2-3-1): Gunn; Pinto (C), Zimmermann, Klose, Stiepermann; Tettey, Trybull; Vrancic, Hoolahan, Murphy; Oliveira. Subs: McGovern (GK), Hanley, Husband, Reed, Wildschut, Maddison, Jerome
You may also want to watch:
Burton: (4-1-4-1) Bywater; Brayford, Buxton (C), Turner, Warnock; McFadzean; Mason, Murphy, Allen, Sordell; Akins. Subs: Ripley (GK), Naylor, Sbarra, Akpan, Dyer, Varney, Flanagan
City team news
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 7 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 8 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 9 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 10 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
Daniel Farke reported no fresh injury concerns yesterday. The German head coach hinted he will tweak his line-up. Alex Tettey may miss out on a second game in four days. Alex Pritchard, Matt Jarvis, Jamal Lewis and Louis Thompson remain long-term absentees.
Burton team news
Luke Murphy returns to the squad after being ineligible to play parent club Leeds. Hope Akpan was expected to still be out after picking up an injury in training before the international break but does make the break.
Burton manager – Nigel Clough
Back at Burton for a second spell after guiding the Brewers into the Football League, following promotion from the Conference in 2009. His success did not go unnoticed at Derby, where his famous father had carved out his managerial reputation in the 1970s. Returned to Burton in 2015 after a spell at Sheffield United. Led the Brewers to League One promotion and then Championship safety.
One to watch – Stephen Warnock
Vastly experienced former England international defender who joined Burton on a free transfer in June 2017. Broke through at Liverpool before moving on to Blackburn.
Referee – Andy Davies (Hampshire)
Last Norwich City game was one to forget for the Canaries. A heavy 5-1 Championship defeat at Sheffield Wednesday in March 2017. Shown 16 yellow cards in five appointments this season.