Norwich City v Burton pre-match press conference: Updates from Colney
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke held his pre-match press conference on Monday ahead of the Championship visit of Burton to Carrow Road - and our correspondents had all the headline news at Colney.
Farke delivered a clean bill of health from the players who were on duty in Saturday’s 1-0 Championship win over Birmingham City.
Cameron Jerome was back on the bench but kept in reserve after missing the Millwall defeat with a groin problem. Wes Hoolahan was also an unused substitute after returning from international duty with the Republic of Ireland.
“All the guys are fit,” he said. “They took some hits against Birmingham but nothing too serious or special. All of the guys have been able to train, so I have a good choice again.
“Wes had problems with his groin while he was away (on international duty) but he played for Ireland on Tuesday for around 65 minutes. I thought about playing him in the starting line-up, but he’d been away, and with the travelling involved I decided to have him on the bench. Right now he’s back and fully recovered.”
You may also want to watch:
Farke is tempted to shuffle his pack for the Brewers’ visit with the likes of Russell Martin, Steven Naismith, Marcel Franke and Marley Watkins all absent from the matchday squad at the weekend.
“It’s a difficult balance to make,” he said. “There’s no reason to have changes after that performance, and it’s important to find a rhythm for the lads. But there’s just two days between the games, and for example it was Alex Tettey’s first league match and we have to be a little bit careful with him so we’ll wait to see how he feels tomorrow.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 10 Dowell pledge from City boss
“All the guys in the midfield – Tettey, Tom Trybull, James Maddison, Mario Vrancic – ran a lot and you have to be a little bit careful. So there could be a few changes because of the workload, but also because Burton will be a different opponent in comparison to Birmingham.”
Alex Pritchard, Jamal Lewis, Louis Thompson and Matt Jarvis are longer term injury absentees.
• Re-live the headlines from the press conference via the window.