STARTING XIs: Canaries unchanged again and Martin on the bench for Hull on Carrow Road return
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City academy product Chris Martin misses out on Hull’s starting line-up at Carrow Road this evening.
The hosts are unchanged for a fifth consecutive match, with Kenny McLean and Tom Trybull continuing as the holding midfield pairing.
The Canaries won their fourth game on the spin when they edged a 1-0 win against mid-table Swansea on Friday night, with automatic promotion rivals Leeds and Sheffield United keeping up the pressure with wins the next day.
Tonight the tables are turned, with Leeds winning 3-0 at Reading last night to move a point ahead and into top spot, with the Blades winning 2-0 at home against Brentford to move a point behind City in third.
Hull make three changes though, with the experienced Liam Ridgewell replacing Jordy de Wijs in defence, former Manchester United striker Fraizer Cambell replacing Martin up front and Kevin Stewart coming in for Kamil Grosicki in midfield.
You may also want to watch:
Martin, originally from Beccles, scored 34 goals in 117 appearances for Norwich between 2006 and 2013, helping his boyhood club go from League One to the Premier League under Paul Lambert. He has just one goal in 25 games for Hull this season though, on loan from Derby.
Tigers keeper David Marshall is also a former Norwich player, making 103 appearance between 2007 and 2009.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
The visitors enjoyed a six-game winning streak around the turn of the year but have struggled for consistency since, particularly away from home, losing their last four on their travels.
Losing 3-0 at Nottingham Forest on Saturday leaves Nigel Adkins’ team 13th but only five points adrift of the play-off places.
NORWICH: Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann (C), Godfrey, Lewis; Trybull, McLean; Buendia, Stiepermann, Hernandez; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Hanley, Krul, Leitner, Vrancic, Cantwell, Rhodes
HULL: Marshall; Kane, Burke, Ridgewell, Lichaj; Bowen, Henriksen (C), Irvine, Stewart; Pugh; Campbell. Subs: Long (GK), McKenzie, De Wijs, Grosicki, Evandro, Kingsley, Milinkovic, Martin
REFEREE: Andy Madley (West Yorks)
• You can follow all the action from Carrow Road with our reporters in our Matchday Live blog at pinkun.com/live
• Make sure to download the Pink Un app for exclusive insight and analysis from our Canaries correspondents, available for free in your mobile device’s app store