Norwich City v Luton Town - Player ratings
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Player ratings for both Norwich City and Luton Town following their FA Cup fourth round tie.
• Norwich City:
5 Declan Rudd: Dealt with all Luton offered from range. No chance with the goal. Largely a watching brief.
6 Russell Martin: Refused to raise the white flag. Two or three half-chances. Steady supply line down the right.
4 Leon Barnett: Appeared to have a ‘goal’ chalked off in the first period. Looked increasingly hesitant as the game elapsed.
5 Ryan Bennett: Enjoyed the physical battles with Andre Gray but the distress signals were visible in the second half.
5 Javier Garrido: Culpable role in Luton’s winner after failing to deal with Scott Rendell in tandem with Ryan Bennett.
- 1 City old boy Martin rebuffed job interest amid Watford reports
- 2 'They've handled this badly but I'm glad Teemu won' - fans react to Pukki POTS award
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in West Brom's Kipre
- 4 Canaries on the right track with Dean Smith, insists Zimmermann
- 5 'Why are the disillusioned leaving their calling card by way of an empty seat?'
- 6 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 7 Ian Clarke: Time for City to end miserable season with a big scalp
- 8 Teemu Pukki named as Norwich City Player of the Season
- 9 Chris Sutton: Pukki is a Norwich legend... Now they must keep him
- 10 PODCAST: A City point to discuss as attentions turn to next season
6 Elliott Bennett: Tried to probe in and around the tight confines of Luton’s defence. Carved out excellent chance for Simeon Jackson.
5 David Fox: May feel should have tracked JJ O’Donnell’s run for the winner. Had limited passing options for long spells.
5 Jonny Howson: Unusually careless in possession. Symptomatic of Norwich’s lacklustre offerings.
5 Andrew Surman: Factor in a long injury lay-off. Inevitable signs of rust. Denied by Ronnie Henry and Mark Tyler.
6 Simeon Jackson: Fired at Tyler in the first period. Carved out Grant Holt’s header. No lack of effort.
4 Harry Kane: Denied by Greg Taylor with a scuffed goalbound hit. Peripheral figure. Same disclaimer as Andrew Surman.
Subs: Anthony Pilkington (for Surman) 5, Wes Hoolahan (for Elliott Bennett) 5, Grant Holt (for Kane) 6
• Luton Town:
7 Mark Tyler: Two point blank reaction stops, and a result the Norwich City fan will never, ever forget.
7 Ronnie Henry: Led by example. One excellent piece of anticipation foiled Andrew Surman in the first period.
7 Janos Kovacs: Won most things in the air despite Grant Holt’s arrival. Dominant force at the heart of the Hatters’ backline.
6 Lathaniel Rowe-Turner: Touch fortunate his handball in stoppage time happened on the blind side of the official.
6 Greg Taylor: Denied Harry Kane early on. Great energy. Defensively sound and looked to break when possible.
7 Alex Lawless: Cleared Leon Barnett’s strike off his own line. Went close before Scott Rendell’s winner with an athletic volley.
6 Arnaud Mendy: Luton’s enforcer. Subdued the creative threat of City’s central midfield duo.
6 Jonathan Smith: One or two clever touches. Looked to possess decent technical ability.
7 Jake Howells: Planted one second half header over. Great appetite for work to shut down the space across midfield.
6 Andre Gray: Harried Norwich’s centre backs all day before Rendell profited from the softening up process.
6 Jon Shaw: Powerful front man. Cleverly isolated Javier Garrido at times to use his aerial strength.
Subs: JJ O’Donnell (for Mendy) 7, Scott Rendell (for Shaw) 7, Stuart Fleetwood (for Gray) 5