STARTING XIs: Cantwell misses out as Canaries take on Millwall
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Todd Cantwell drops out of Norwich City’s squad with an ankle knock for tonight’s Championship game against Millwall (7pm) at Carrow Road.
Cantwell’s place is taken on the bench by fit-again defender Christoph Zimmermann, with Cantwell having a scan on what is hoped will be a minor problem.
Daniel Farke sticks with the starting XI which won 3-1 at Bristol City on Saturday though, with Marco Stiepermann in support of Teemu Pukki again.
The Canaries are without left-back Xavi Quintilla for a third game but the Spaniard is back in training after a hip muscle problem.
City are expecting to be without full-back Sam Byram (hamstring), midielder Kieran Dowell (ankle) and winger Onel Hernandez (groin) until January, after surgeries on their respective injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Millwall make three changes, with Jon Dadi Bodvarsson, Shane Ferguson and Ben Thompson coming in, replacing Tom Bradshaw, Ryan Leonard and Connor Mahoney.
The Lions are without striker Kenneth Zohore, after the West Brom loanee missed the 3-0 home defeat to Huddersfield on Saturday. Young Irish forward Troy Parrott, who is on loan from Spurs, also isn’t fit.
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes
They do have defenders Shaun Hutchinson and Jake Cooper though who, alongside Norwich star Emi Buendia, have been named in the Championship Team of the Month for October.
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul, Aarons, Hanley (C), Gibson, Sorensen; Skipp, Rupp; Buendia, Stiepermann, Placheta; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Zimmermann, Mumba, Tettey, McLean, Vrancic, Hugill
MILLWALL (3-5-2): Bialkowski; Hutchinson, Cooper, Murray Wallace; Romeo, Thompson, Woods, Ferguson, Malone; Bodvarsson, Jed Wallace. Subs: Fielding (GK), Pearce, Williams, Leonard, Mahoney, Bennett, Smith
REFEREE: Tim Robinson