MATCHDAY RECAP: A tale of two penalties and one offside call for City against QPR
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
A tale of two penalties ensured a feisty Championship encounter with QPR ended in a draw, but Norwich City feel robbed after a controversial offside call in the second half. You can recap all the action via our matchday blog below.
The Canaries five-match winning streak ended at Vicarage Road as Xisco Munoz' side beat them 1-0 courtesy of a first-half strike by Ismalia Sarr. Daniel Farke proclaimed that his side lacked intensity in their offensive efforts.
City's boss faces several welcome selection dilemmas tonight. Does he opt to persist with Kieran Dowell, Emi Buendia and Todd Cantwell or will he shuffle his pack after Mario Vrancic's impressive cameo? Will Ben Gibson and Lukas Rupp return to the starting XI?
Whilst City are sitting at the top of the pile, their opponents are under different pressures. QPR have failed to win any of their last eight matches and Mark Warburton arrives at Carrow Road as a manager under severe pressure.
Rangers lost to Swansea City on Boxing Day and there is somewhat of a cloud of negativity surrounding the club at present. Bright Osayi-Samuel is a talented attacker at this level but has is yet to sign a new contract amid speculation linking him with a move to Celtic.
Warburton's side sit just four points above the Championship relegation zone in 19th position and haven't won at Carrow Road since 2008.
- Recap the action via our live blog above
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes