Norwich City v QPR pre-match press conference: Updates from Colney
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke held his pre-match press conference on Tuesday afternoon ahead of QPR’s Championship visit.
Farke provided a fitness updates on the likes of Jamal Lewis and Timm Klose, who have sat out the opening two weeks of the new season. Lewis is set to see a specialist over his knee injury while Klose suffered a ‘minor’ setback on his return from a muscle problem but is likely to re-join full training next week.
Harry Toffolo did make a return for the development squad on Monday, alongside one of the new summer additions Tom Trybull. Louis Thompson and Matt Jarvis are longer term absentees while Alex Pritchard underwent successful ankle surgery on Monday that is poised to keep him out until at least December.
Ivo Pinto was an unused substitute for Sunday’s 3-1 Championship defeat to Sunderland but the Portuguese defender, Wes Hoolahan and Nelson Oliveira look sure to come into Farke’s thoughts for the visit of unbeaten Rangers as City attempt to respond from a disappointing weekend result.
Another of the new close season signings, Marco Stiepermann, was not part of the matchday squad against the Black Cats but has now trained for a week with his City team mates following his recent move from German Bundesliga 2 club VfL Bochum.
You may also want to watch:
• Re-live the headlines from the press conference via the window above.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits