STARTING XIs: City unchanged yet again but QPR make five changes
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It’s the same starting line-up for Norwich City for an eighth successive game but will it be an eighth successive win, against a much changed QPR team?
Daniel Farke’s league leaders remain unchanged in starting XI and substitutes and go into the game seven points clear of third placed Sheffield United, after seven successive wins on the bounce, and five clear of second placed Leeds United.
They have the chance to push clear of their automatic promotion rivals with victory in the televised lunchtime kick-off, with Leeds going to Birmingham and the Blades away to Preston in the 3pm kick-offs.
BIG MATCH PREVIEW: Farke’s challenge ahead of QPR test
The visitors go into the game fresh from Steve McClaren’s sacking on Monday, having lost 2-1 at home to lowly Bolton last weekend to extend their poor run of form to just one win in 15 league games.
Former Watford midfielder John Eustace, who had two season as manager of non-league Kidderminster, steps up from assistant to take interim charge, with the Rs 17th and eight points clear of the relegation scrap.
You may also want to watch:
Eustace has made five changes, with Massimo Luongo dropping out with illness and replaced by Geoff Cameron. Ebere Eze and Nahki Wells both come in to the attack in place of Tomer Hemed and Bright Osayi-Samuel.
Darnell Furlong also comes into defence in place of the absent Grant Hall and Jordan Cousins replaces Josh Scowen in midfield, who drops to the bench.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
NORWICH: Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann (C), Godfrey, Lewis; Trybull, McLean; Buendia, Stiepermann, Hernandez; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Hanley, Klose, Letner, Vrancic, Cantwell, Rhodes
QPR: Lumley; Furlong, Rangel, Lynch, Bidwell; Wszolek, Cousins, Cameron, Eze; Freeman (C); Wells. Subs: Ingram (GK), Manning, Leistner, Scowen, Osayi-Samuel, Smith, Hemed
Referee: Scott Duncan (Northumberland)
• You can follow all the action from Carrow Road with our reporters in our Matchday Live blog at pinkun.com/live
• Make sure to download the Pink Un App as well, for exclusive insight and analysis from our Canaries correspondents, available for free in your mobile device’s app store