STARTING XIs: Buendia and Vrancic return to City’s starting XI as Blades make two changes
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Emi Buendia has returned to Norwich City’s starting line-up for this afternoon’s Carrow Road clash with Sheffield United, with Mario Vrancic making his first Premier League start as well, as Daniel Farke makes three changes.
Buendia has featured as a substitute in the last three Premier League games but returns in place of Todd Cantwell, who drops to the bench, while Alex Tettey and Mario Vrancic replace Tom Trybull and Ibrahim Amadou in midfield.
The Canaries brought an end to a poor run of form with a 2-0 win at Everton and a 2-2 home draw with Arsenal but slipped to a disappointing 2-1 loss at Southampton on Wednesday, leaving them 19th and four points from safety,
Sheffield United's two changes come up front, with former Ipswich striker David McGoldrick and Lys Mousset replacing Oli McBurnie and Billy Sharp, who are both on the bench.
The Blades come into the game sitting ninth in the table and eight points better off than Norwich, after a seven-game unbeaten streak was brought to an end by a 2-0 home defeat to Newcastle on Thursday night - giving them 24 hours less to prepare for today's game than City.
You may also want to watch:
Only top two Liverpool and Everton have conceded fewer than the Blades' 15 so far this season, putting them on track for survival with 19 points already on the board from 15 games.
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann, Godfrey, Byram; Tettey (C), Vrancic; Buendia, McLean, Hernandez; Pukki. Subs: Fahrmann (GK), Lewis, Amadou, Trybull, Stiepermann, Cantwell, Srbeny
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 8 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 9 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 10 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
SHEFFIELD UTD (3-5-2): Henderson; Basham, Egan, O'Connell; Baldock, Lundstram, Norwood (C), Fleck, Stevens; McGoldrick, Mousset. Subs: Moore (GK), Jagielka, Freeman, Besic, Robinson, McBurnie, Sharp
REFEREE: Simon Hooper
VAR: Peter Bankes
- And don't forget to download the Pink Un app for exclusive insight and analysis as our correspondents follow the Canaries around the country