STARTING XIs: Buendia and Vrancic return to City’s starting XI as Blades make two changes
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Emi Buendia has returned to Norwich City’s starting line-up for this afternoon’s Carrow Road clash with Sheffield United, with Mario Vrancic making his first Premier League start as well, as Daniel Farke makes three changes.
Buendia has featured as a substitute in the last three Premier League games but returns in place of Todd Cantwell, who drops to the bench, while Alex Tettey and Mario Vrancic replace Tom Trybull and Ibrahim Amadou in midfield.
The Canaries brought an end to a poor run of form with a 2-0 win at Everton and a 2-2 home draw with Arsenal but slipped to a disappointing 2-1 loss at Southampton on Wednesday, leaving them 19th and four points from safety,
Sheffield United's two changes come up front, with former Ipswich striker David McGoldrick and Lys Mousset replacing Oli McBurnie and Billy Sharp, who are both on the bench.
The Blades come into the game sitting ninth in the table and eight points better off than Norwich, after a seven-game unbeaten streak was brought to an end by a 2-0 home defeat to Newcastle on Thursday night - giving them 24 hours less to prepare for today's game than City.
You may also want to watch:
Only top two Liverpool and Everton have conceded fewer than the Blades' 15 so far this season, putting them on track for survival with 19 points already on the board from 15 games.
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann, Godfrey, Byram; Tettey (C), Vrancic; Buendia, McLean, Hernandez; Pukki. Subs: Fahrmann (GK), Lewis, Amadou, Trybull, Stiepermann, Cantwell, Srbeny
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
SHEFFIELD UTD (3-5-2): Henderson; Basham, Egan, O'Connell; Baldock, Lundstram, Norwood (C), Fleck, Stevens; McGoldrick, Mousset. Subs: Moore (GK), Jagielka, Freeman, Besic, Robinson, McBurnie, Sharp
REFEREE: Simon Hooper
VAR: Peter Bankes
- And don't forget to download the Pink Un app for exclusive insight and analysis as our correspondents follow the Canaries around the country