STARTING XIs: Rupp and Gibson both missing for City against Swans
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ben Gibson and Lukas Rupp are both missing for Norwich City against Swansea this afternoon, as Daniel Farke is forced into two changes.
Jacob Sorensen has shaken off muscle tightness to continue as cover for Xavi Quintilla for a fourth consecutive game, who is yet to recover from his hip issue.
Ben Gibson hasn’t been able to shake off his muscle soreness though after a busy spell of matches, with Christoph Zimmermann returning at centre-back alongside Grant Hanley.
Lukas Rupp also misses out with a hamstring issue and is replaced by Kenny McLean in central midfield but Przemek Placheta (calf) and Marco Stiepermann (calf) are both okay to retain their starting places.
McLean has been on the bench for the last seven games but only come in on three, scoring a late equaliser during last week’s 1-1 draw at Brentford.
You may also want to watch:
Zimmermann missed five games with a calf problem but was back on the bench for the 0-0 home draw with Millwall on Tuesday, last playing in the 1-0 home defeat to Derby in early October.
Todd Cantwell is still out with his ankle problem but Adam Idah retrurns to the bench after a three-game ban and fellow youngster Josh Martin is also among the substitutes, after a recent back issue.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 4 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 7 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 10 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
The Canaries are expecting to be without full-back Sam Byram (hamstring), midfielder Kieran Dowell (ankle) and winger Onel Hernandez (groin) until January after surgery on their respective injuries.
Swansea make just one change, with Kasey Palmer replacing Yan Dhanda in the central attacking midfield role.
Former Canaries players Ryan Bennett, Korey Smith and Kyle Naughton all start for the Welsh side.
The Swans recently lost Wolves loanee Morgan Gibbs-White to a fractured foot, with the England Under-21 midfielder expected to be out until January.
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Hanley (C), Zimmermann, Sorensen; Skipp, McLean; Buendia, Stiepermann, Placheta; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Mumba, Tettey, Martin, Vrancic, Idah, Hugill
SWANSEA (3-4-1-2): Woodman; Naughton, Bennett, Guehi; Roberts, Fulton, Smith, Bidwell; Palmer; Ayew (C), Lowe. Subs: Benda (GK), Latibeaudiere, Manning, Grimes, Dhanda, Routledge, Gyokeres
REFEREE: Darren England (South Yorks)