STARTING XIs: Rupp and Gibson both missing for City against Swans
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ben Gibson and Lukas Rupp are both missing for Norwich City against Swansea this afternoon, as Daniel Farke is forced into two changes.
Jacob Sorensen has shaken off muscle tightness to continue as cover for Xavi Quintilla for a fourth consecutive game, who is yet to recover from his hip issue.
Ben Gibson hasn’t been able to shake off his muscle soreness though after a busy spell of matches, with Christoph Zimmermann returning at centre-back alongside Grant Hanley.
Lukas Rupp also misses out with a hamstring issue and is replaced by Kenny McLean in central midfield but Przemek Placheta (calf) and Marco Stiepermann (calf) are both okay to retain their starting places.
McLean has been on the bench for the last seven games but only come in on three, scoring a late equaliser during last week’s 1-1 draw at Brentford.
You may also want to watch:
Zimmermann missed five games with a calf problem but was back on the bench for the 0-0 home draw with Millwall on Tuesday, last playing in the 1-0 home defeat to Derby in early October.
Todd Cantwell is still out with his ankle problem but Adam Idah retrurns to the bench after a three-game ban and fellow youngster Josh Martin is also among the substitutes, after a recent back issue.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 8 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
The Canaries are expecting to be without full-back Sam Byram (hamstring), midfielder Kieran Dowell (ankle) and winger Onel Hernandez (groin) until January after surgery on their respective injuries.
Swansea make just one change, with Kasey Palmer replacing Yan Dhanda in the central attacking midfield role.
Former Canaries players Ryan Bennett, Korey Smith and Kyle Naughton all start for the Welsh side.
The Swans recently lost Wolves loanee Morgan Gibbs-White to a fractured foot, with the England Under-21 midfielder expected to be out until January.
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Hanley (C), Zimmermann, Sorensen; Skipp, McLean; Buendia, Stiepermann, Placheta; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Mumba, Tettey, Martin, Vrancic, Idah, Hugill
SWANSEA (3-4-1-2): Woodman; Naughton, Bennett, Guehi; Roberts, Fulton, Smith, Bidwell; Palmer; Ayew (C), Lowe. Subs: Benda (GK), Latibeaudiere, Manning, Grimes, Dhanda, Routledge, Gyokeres
REFEREE: Darren England (South Yorks)