Norwich City v Swindon Town: Daniel Farke on Nelson Oliveira and Fulham fall-out
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke was back in front of the press on Monday lunchtime, as the Canaries switch attention to their Carabao League Cup first round tie at home to League Two Swindon Town.
It’s been far from a quiet start for City’s new German boss, with an excellent draw at Fulham to kick off their EFL Championship campaign on Saturday – and a fair amount of controversy from Nelson Oliveira’s defiant goal celebrating after drawing the Canaries level late on at Craven Cottage.
Speaking to Paddy Davitt, Michael Bailey and the rest of the gathered media at City’s Colney Training Centre, Farke hardened his stance on Oliveira’s actions and opened up over City did well – and didn’t – at Craven Cottage.
City kick off against Swindon at 7.45pm in Tuesday’s League Cup Carrow Road clash.
City may give a debut to new signing Marco Stiepermann on Tuesday, however the game is set to come too soon for fellow German arrival Tom Trybull.
You may also want to watch:
But it should allow more minutes Ivo Pinto, Wes Hoolahan and Josh Murphy as they continue their recovery from pre-season knocks.
Follow Tuesday evening’s game, the Canaries will embark on their first home game of the league campaign, as they welcome relegated Sunderland to Carrow Road on Sunday (1.30pm).
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 4 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 7 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto