Norwich City v Swindon Town: Michael Bailey and Paddy Davitt wrap up Colney talking points
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke was back in front of the press on Monday lunchtime – and our Canaries correspondents were there to quiz him.
As City switch attention to their Carabao League Cup first round tie at home to League Two Swindon Town, our journalists return from Colney to give their views and answer your questions on the latest talking points.
It’s been far from a quiet start for City’s new German boss, with an excellent draw at Fulham to kick off their EFL Championship campaign on Saturday – and a fair amount of controversy from Nelson Oliveira’s defiant goal celebrating after drawing the Canaries level late on at Craven Cottage.
City kick off against Swindon at 7.45pm in Tuesday’s League Cup Carrow Road clash.
City may give a debut to new signing Marco Stiepermann on Tuesday, however the game is set to come too soon for fellow German arrival Tom Trybull.
You may also want to watch:
But it should allow more minutes Ivo Pinto, Wes Hoolahan and Josh Murphy as they continue their recovery from pre-season knocks.
Follow Tuesday evening’s game, the Canaries will embark on their first home game of the league campaign, as they welcome relegated Sunderland to Carrow Road on Sunday (1.30pm).
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on Twitter @michaeljbailey, Facebook @mbjourno and Instagram @mrmichaeljbailey – and Paddy Davitt on Twitter and Facebook @paddyjdavitt
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City