STARTING XIs: Cantwell on the bench for City and Noble returns for West Ham
- Credit: Focus Images/Focus Images Ltd
Todd Cantwell returns among the substitutes as Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke sticks with the same starting XI for today’s clash with West Ham, when relegation could be confirmed.
Cantwell, City’s second highest scorer with six Premier League goals, missed the 2-1 defeat at Watford on Tuesday with a hamstring strain
That saw an improved performance when Mario Vrancic and Marco Stiepermann had returned to the starting XI, with Teemu Pukki more involved and Emi Bunedia scoring his first goal of the campaign.
The Canaries know that their relegation to the Championship will be sealed if they lose to the Hammers today.
They remain without defenders Christoph Zimmermann (back), Grant Hanley and Sam Byram (both hamstring), as well as midfielder Moritz Leitner (hernia) through injury.
Opposition View: West Ham to survive - at expense of Norwich
You may also want to watch:
West Ham make just one change in midfield, with Ukraine star Andriy Yarmolenko on the bench and replaced by long-serving captain Mark Noble.
The Hammers are three points clear of the relegation zone thanks to a 3-2 home win over Chelsea and a 1-1 draw at Newcastle but missed the chance to push clear of trouble when they lost 1-0 at home to Burnley on Wednesday.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 5 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 6 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 9 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 10 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
David Moyes’ forward options were bolstered in midweek however by club record £45million striker Sebastien Haller making his first appearance as a substitute since the season resumed due to a hip injury. One of the tall Frenchman’s seven goals came during their 2-0 win over Norwich in August.
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Godfrey, Klose, Lewis; Tettey (C), Vrancic; Buendia, Stiepermann, Hernandez; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Trybull, McLean, Rupp, Cantwell, Duda, Martin, Drmic, Idah
WEST HAM (4-3-3): Fabianski; Fredericks, Diop, Ogbonna, Cresswell; Soucek, Rice, Noble (C); Fornals, Antonio, Bowen. Subs: Randolph (GK), Johnson, Balbuena, Masuaku, Lanzini, Yarmolenko, Wilshere, Haller, Ajeti
REFEREE: Kevin Friend (Leicestershire)
VAR: Simon Hooper (Wiltshire)
Today: Watford v Newcastle (12.30pm), Liverpool v Burnley (3pm), Sheff Utd v Chelsea (5.30pm), Brighton v Man City (8pm)
Sunday: Wolves v Everton (12pm), Villa v Palace (2.15pm), Tottenham v Arsenal (4.30pm), Bournemouth v Leicester (7pm)
Monday: Man Utd v Southampton (8pm)