Norwich City youngster Joe Crowe poised to join Limerick
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
League of Ireland side Limerick are poised to sign Norwich City youngster Joe Crowe on loan.
The tough tackling 19-year-old has featured as a centre-back and a defensive midfielder for the Canaries’ under-23 side, scoring once in 26 games for the development squad last season.
Crowe has previously represented Northern Ireland at U19 level and received his first U21 call-up this summer, featuring as an unused substitute in a 2-1 win in Estonia in June in qualifying for the U21 Euros in 2019 – with Canaries academy team-mate Jamal Lewis making his debut in the game.
The Irishman also captained City’s U18s during their FA Youth Cup campaign in 2015-16, reaching the sixth round. He has 12 months left on a two-year professional contract signed last summer, with City retaining the option for a further year.
The Irish Sun are reporting that Limerick, currently sixth in the 12-team Irish top flight, are poised to sign Crowe with 13 matches of their season remaining.
You may also want to watch:
The deal has not yet been confirmed by either club.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 4 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 5 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 6 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 7 Local lad tag weighs heavy on Cantwell's shoulders
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
- 10 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal