Norwich City youngster Joe Crowe poised to join Limerick
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
League of Ireland side Limerick are poised to sign Norwich City youngster Joe Crowe on loan.
The tough tackling 19-year-old has featured as a centre-back and a defensive midfielder for the Canaries’ under-23 side, scoring once in 26 games for the development squad last season.
Crowe has previously represented Northern Ireland at U19 level and received his first U21 call-up this summer, featuring as an unused substitute in a 2-1 win in Estonia in June in qualifying for the U21 Euros in 2019 – with Canaries academy team-mate Jamal Lewis making his debut in the game.
The Irishman also captained City’s U18s during their FA Youth Cup campaign in 2015-16, reaching the sixth round. He has 12 months left on a two-year professional contract signed last summer, with City retaining the option for a further year.
The Irish Sun are reporting that Limerick, currently sixth in the 12-team Irish top flight, are poised to sign Crowe with 13 matches of their season remaining.
You may also want to watch:
The deal has not yet been confirmed by either club.
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 3 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 4 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 9 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 10 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case