Norwich City youngster Joe Crowe poised to join Limerick
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
League of Ireland side Limerick are poised to sign Norwich City youngster Joe Crowe on loan.
The tough tackling 19-year-old has featured as a centre-back and a defensive midfielder for the Canaries’ under-23 side, scoring once in 26 games for the development squad last season.
Crowe has previously represented Northern Ireland at U19 level and received his first U21 call-up this summer, featuring as an unused substitute in a 2-1 win in Estonia in June in qualifying for the U21 Euros in 2019 – with Canaries academy team-mate Jamal Lewis making his debut in the game.
The Irishman also captained City’s U18s during their FA Youth Cup campaign in 2015-16, reaching the sixth round. He has 12 months left on a two-year professional contract signed last summer, with City retaining the option for a further year.
The Irish Sun are reporting that Limerick, currently sixth in the 12-team Irish top flight, are poised to sign Crowe with 13 matches of their season remaining.
You may also want to watch:
The deal has not yet been confirmed by either club.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City