Norwich City youngster Joe Crowe poised to join Limerick
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
League of Ireland side Limerick are poised to sign Norwich City youngster Joe Crowe on loan.
The tough tackling 19-year-old has featured as a centre-back and a defensive midfielder for the Canaries’ under-23 side, scoring once in 26 games for the development squad last season.
Crowe has previously represented Northern Ireland at U19 level and received his first U21 call-up this summer, featuring as an unused substitute in a 2-1 win in Estonia in June in qualifying for the U21 Euros in 2019 – with Canaries academy team-mate Jamal Lewis making his debut in the game.
The Irishman also captained City’s U18s during their FA Youth Cup campaign in 2015-16, reaching the sixth round. He has 12 months left on a two-year professional contract signed last summer, with City retaining the option for a further year.
The Irish Sun are reporting that Limerick, currently sixth in the 12-team Irish top flight, are poised to sign Crowe with 13 matches of their season remaining.
You may also want to watch:
The deal has not yet been confirmed by either club.
- 1 Farke on City set up changes
- 2 PRESSER: City v Liverpool - No fresh injuries; Cantwell set to miss out
- 3 Getting nasty and dressing room barnies - City old boy's relegation advice
- 4 Six things you may have missed from City's disheartening defeat to Watford
- 5 Farke opens up on the impact of booing City players
- 6 'I hate losing' - Normann's City debut left a nasty taste
- 7 What does Farke do now to kickstart City?
- 8 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Watford defeat
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: It is not City fans who need to believe
- 10 Encouraging first impressions from City newboy Normann