City confirm new date for Millwall trip
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have confirmed the new date for their Championship trip to Millwall, following progression to the fourth round of the FA Cup.
The Canaries will head to The Den on Tuesday, February 2 for a 7pm kick-off in south London, with City also confirming that means the game will be available to view via their iFollow feed.
The change was needed following Saturday's 2-0 home win over Coventry in the FA Cup, which has set up a trip to Championship rivals Barnsley in the fourth round on the weekend of January 22-24, with details of that tie yet to be confirmed.
The draw was made on Monday night, with the fifth round draw also made to help with scheduling during a congested season, which offered up a home tie against Chelsea or Luton for the winner.
Millwall currently sit 17th in the Championship table, six points clear of the relegation zone, but they earned a 0-0 draw against the current leaders at Carrow Road in November.
The rearranged game will sit between City's home clash with Middlesbrough on Saturday, January 30 (12.30pm) and a trip to Swansea the following Saturday.
For Millwall the game sits between a match at Cardiff on the Saturday before and a home game against Sheffield Wednesday the following Saturday.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 6 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 7 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 10 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
The Canaries won 3-1 at The Den in March 2019, during their Championship title-winning season, but famously slumped to a 4-0 defeat there in August 2017 during the early days of Daniel Farke's reign.