Norwich & District Sunday League: Mad Moose 4, Green Man Rackheath 1
Following a steady start to their season in Division 2A, Mad Moose faced Green Man Rackheath in the fourth game of the season.
Green Man having an indifferent start to their season wanting to set their stamp on the league against the league newcomers.
Mad Moose were the team to have a good start to the game playing some good flowing football, piecing together some excellent passing moves causing difficulty to the Green Man defence, and it took just 10 minutes for James Raven to make a weaving run past two defenders to eventually be taken down in the box. Tom Swabey stepped up to take the resultant penalty and buried his spot kick to make it 1–0 to the home side.
It didn’t take long for the home side to go 2-0 up, as Tom Swabey, looking for his second goal, beat a player on the edge of the box then calmly slotted the ball in the bottom corner.
Mad Moose continued their dominance in the first half further by making it 3-0 after a through ball saw Bram Goodwin-Wright run down the channel, to put in a cross for James Raven to get his debut goal with a neatly finished header.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw a much closer battle with the Green Man finally getting their foot on the ball and challenging Mad Moose all over the pitch. It was the Green Man that got the next goal with some good work on the right wing which saw a shot from the edge of the box settle in the bottom corner of the goal to make it 3-1.
The rest of the second half was a well contested battle with both teams creating chances, but it took until the 95th of 99 minutes before Mad Moose got their fourth after a long clearance from goalkeeper Matt Bevan saw Tom Swabey through on goal to complete his hat-trick lobbing the keeper from around 30 yards.
- 1 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 2 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 3 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 4 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 5 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 6 Placheta must kick on at City
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Bushiri close to Eupen loan
- 8 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 9 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 10 Chris Goreham: The importance of Hugill and home schooling
It was a solid performance from Mad Moose getting back to winning ways after the disappointing result last week.