City skipper and head coach nominated for Championship awards
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City captain Grant Hanley and head coach Daniel Farke have both been nominated for the Championship’s monthly awards for November.
Farke is nominated for Manager of the Month for the second successive month having led the Canaries to the top of the Championship despite an injury crisis.
City took 11 points from a possible 15 last month, including wins at Middlesbrough and Stoke, alongside a 1-0 win over Swansea and draws with Millwall and Coventry at Carrow Road.
The 44-year-old faces competition from Blackburn boss Tony Mowbray, Bristol City manager Dean Holden and Watford chief Vladimir Ivic.
Farke has only won the award once since arriving in England in 2017, which was for the Canaries’ form in November 2018, during a season which would end with the German lifting the Championship trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Keeping three consecutive clean sheets at the start of the month has earned Hanley a nomination for Player of the Month as well – with the Scotland international having already won the votes of City fans for the club’s equivalent award.
The 29-year-old faces competition from Blackburn striker Adam Armstrong, Bournemouth forward David Brooks and Huddersfield midfielder Carel Eiting.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 City miss chance to secure title in Watford defeat
The winners of both awards are due to be announced on Friday morning.