Norwich fans plan to dress up like Lambert
Steve Downes Bristol Rovers fans celebrated their final home match of the season by dressing up as pirates - before being pillaged 3-0 by Norwich City. Now Canaries fans are preparing their own last-day dress-up.
Bristol Rovers fans celebrated their final home match of the season by dressing up as pirates - before being pillaged 3-0 by Norwich City.
Now Canaries fans are preparing their own last-day dress-up.
Hundreds of the team's followers are preparing to copy the usual match-day dress code of their hero, manager Paul Lambert.
When Carlisle United come to Carrow Road tomorrow, Lambert's admirers will sport tracksuit trousers tucked into football socks, and a black sweatshirt over a polo shirt with the collar tucked up.
The fancy dress is a homage to the extraordinarily successful City manager, who took the helm in August, soon after leading Colchester United to a 7-1 win at Carrow Road on the opening day of the season.
- 1 Stuart Webber opens up on Norwich City's dire season
- 2 How much is Teemu Pukki worth to Norwich City?
- 3 Smith searching for a Pukki support cast
- 4 Webber maps out City transfer strategy
- 5 City fans react to controversial Webber interview
- 6 City legend Fleming departs Southampton coaching role
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on AFC Wimbledon winger
- 8 Chris Sutton: What do City fans prefer - the Premier League or the Championship?
- 9 David Hannant: A barrel-scraping end of season highlight reel
- 10 Former City keeper set to leave Wolves
After initially steadying the City ship, he guided them to a record run of home wins and a record number of away wins in a stunning season that saw the club surge back to the Championship as runaway League One champions.
The idea has gained popularity thanks to the social networking internet site Facebook. A “Paul Lambert Day” group on the site currently has 449 members.
t To join the group, visit http://tinyurl.com/23oecdc.
t Don't miss all the reports from the game in Monday's Evening News.