‘Absolutely delighted with this’ - City fans pleased with signing of former Forest, Derby and Blades midfielder
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans have given resounding approval for the signing of England Under-21 midfielder Kieran Dowell on a permanent deal from Everton.
The Canaries surprised supporters with the 22-year-old’s unveiling this morning, after no previous speculation linking the attacking midfielder with the Canaries.
Dowell was an integral part of the England team which won the Under-20 World Cup in 2017 in South Korea, scoring a winner against the hosts and setting up two goals during a 3-0 win over Argentina in the group stages.
He already has over 70 Championship appearances on his CV following loan spells at Nottingham Forest, Sheffield United and Derby County.
The Everton academy product, originally from Ormskirk, near Liverpool, spent the second half of last season on loan with Wigan Athletic. He scored five goals in 12 games as the Latics a fine run of form which wasn’t quite enough to avoid relegation, due to a 12-point deduction after going into administration.
You may also want to watch:
- Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 10 City hold talks with Nyland