'As if Mondays weren't bad enough' - City fans saddened by Buendia news
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
"It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all," was among the many emotional messages from supporters as Norwich City confirmed Emi Buendia is on his way to Aston Villa.
Canaries fans had been braced for the bad news after it emerged on Saturday that a deal understood to be worth an initial £33million, potentially rising to £38m and with a sell-on clause, had been agreed with Villa.
This morning City confirmed a club-record deal had been agreed with their Premier League rivals for the Championship Player of the Season, with his medical set to be completed after Argentina's game in Colombia on Tuesday.
As the Norwich supporters begin coming to terms with the big-money sale of a star player following promotion to the top-flight as champions, attentions are swiftly turning to how Stuart Webber and Daniel Farke can reinvest the money.
The Argentine joins the likes of Chris Sutton, Darren Eadie, Craig Bellamy, Dean Ashton and James Maddison in leaving the club for a big fee and leaving City supporters searching for a new hero.
- You can take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 Stay at Chelsea instead of joining a ‘lesser team’ - Souness advice to Gilmour
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Barcelona want to sell forward
- 3 Andy Hughes to link up with City coaching team for pre-season
- 4 'Champions League' quality Rashica is a coup for City
- 5 City cool interest in Ajer
- 6 Posh talent 'over the moon' to seal Canaries switch
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Midfielder wants clarity from French champions
- 8 Canaries linked with Newcastle youngster
- 9 Ex-City keeper signs new Wolves deal
- 10 WINDOW WATCH: All the latest Norwich City transfer talk