“It’s how we bounce back from these setbacks that will matter” – Canaries fans try to keep calm after defeat to Derby
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters are trying to keep an eye on the bigger picture, after a frustrating 2-1 home defeat to Derby County.
The Rams settled the game in the 83rd minute after substitute Sam Winnall followed up on a fine save from goalkeeper Angus Gunn from former City favourite Bradley Johsnon.
That followed David Nugent giving the visitors the lead in first half injury-time and Timm Klose equalising in the 71st minute, after Marco Stiepermann had twice come agonisingly close for City.
It brought an end to eight games without defeat in the Championship for Daniel Farke’s team but was also a fourth successive game at Carrow Road without a win.
Following on from a gruelling evening at Premier League giants Arsenal on Tuesday, losing 2-1 after extra-time in the fourth round of the Carabao Cup, the hosts looked tired in the closing stages.
You may also want to watch:
They must now rally for another home game on Tuesday, when second-placed Wolves head for Norfolk.
• Take a look at some of the reaction above
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 10 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City