Canaries set to enter League Cup when regionalised second round draw is made this evening
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will learn their League Cup second round opponents this evening, with the draw regionalised into north and south sections.
The draw will follow Salford City's first round tie with Leeds United (7.45pm kick-off), a match being shown live on Sky Sports.
The Canaries enter the draw along with the 12 other Premier League clubs who are not competing in European competitions this season, with ties due to be played in the week commencing August 26.
Championship clubs including West Brom, Swansea and Bristol City are in the southern section, as are arch rivals Ipswich Town - if they survive their tie at Luton Town this evening.
Long trips to Cardiff, Southampton, Bournemouth and Portsmouth all potentially lie in wait if the Canaries are drawn away from home, with Plymouth and Exeter also in action in the first round tonight.
You may also want to watch:
City have reached the fourth round of the competition in both seasons of Daniel Farke's reign so far, losing 2-1 in extra-time in front of almost 9,000 travelling fans at the Emirates in 2017 and 2-1 at Bournemouth last year.
Norwich have won the trophy twice, in 1962 during the competition's formative years, beating Rochdale 4-0 on aggregate over two legs at Spotland and Carrow Road, and in 1985 when Sunderland were beaten 1-0 at the old Wembley.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 City miss chance to secure title in Watford defeat
They also reached the final in 1973 and 1975, losing 1-0 to Tottenham and 1-0 to Aston Villa respectively at Wembley.
- South section ball numbers
3 Cardiff City
4 Crystal Palace
6 NORWICH CITY
9 West Ham
11 Colchester Utd or Swindon
12 AFC Wimbledon or MK Dons
13 Oxford Utd or Peterborough Utd
14 QPR or Bristol City
15 Plymouth Argyle or Leyton Orient
16 Wycombe or Reading
17 Charlton Ath or Forest Green Rovers
18 Gillingham or Newport County
19 Stevenage or Southend Utd
20 Luton Town or Ipswich Tn
21 Walsall or Crawley Tn
22 Bristol Rovers or Cheltenham Tn
23 Brentford or Cambridge Utd
24 Coventry City or Exeter City
25 Swansea City or Northampton Tn
26 West Brom or Millwall