Canaries prospect scores during U19 debut – in front of watching England boss Gareth Southgate
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
England boss Gareth Southgate was among the interested spectators as Norwich City prospect Daniel Adshead scored on his under-19 debut for the Three Lions.
Greece had taken an early lead in the friendly at the Football Association's headquarters, St George's Park in Burton, but midfielder Adshead turned in an equaliser from close range in the 28th minute.
The 18-year-old, signed from Rochdale in a deal reportedly worth around £300,000 this summer, played the opening hour as he earned his first cap at U19 level.
Adshead had previously picked up three U18 caps and made 16 senior appearances for Rochdale last season to attract the attention of the Canaries.
Paul Simpson's U19 squad went on to win the game 3-1 and now prepare for another friendly on Monday, in Germany (4pm kick-off).
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, there was also a first cap at U19 level for one of City's youngsters, with winger Aiden Fitzpatrick in action for Scotland.
The 18-year-old was also signed by City this summer, in a deal from Partick Thistle worth around £350,000 plus add-on fees, having previously won international caps at lower levels.
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 4 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 5 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 6 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 7 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 8 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 9 'We need to adapt' - Skipp keen to share the goals around in Pukki's absence
- 10 'He is a very understated person' - Pulis relishing Farke reunion at Carrow Road
Fitzpatrick started and played an hour of a friendly against Japan in Murcia, Spain, coming off with the Scots winning 1-0 but with the game finishing 1-1.
Canaries keeper Archie Mair, a summer signing from Aberdeen, was an unused substitute but will be hoping to add to his two caps at U19 level when Japan are faced in another friendly in Spain on Monday.
There are more City players in line for youth international action on Friday, with striker Adam Idah and winger Simon Power with the Republic of Ireland U21s for a home Euro 2021 qualifier against Armenia (8pm).
Idah recently made his first-team debut for the Canaries in the League Cup, while Power is on loan at Scottish Premiership side Ross County, making just one brief league appearance so far, during a 3-0 loss at Aberdeen on Saturday.
Centre-back Rocky Bushiri, a summer signing spending the season on loan at League One club Blackpool, is also with the Belgium U21s ahead of a qualifier in Wales tonight (6pm).