Norwich out of FA Youth Cup
Torquay U18s 1, Norwich City U18s 0: There will be no FA Youth Cup glory for City's Academy side this season after they exited the competition in the second round with the only goal of the game at Torquay's Plainmoor tonight.
Torquay Under-18's 1,
Norwich City Under-18's 0
There will be no FA Youth Cup glory for City's Academy side this season after they exited the competition in the second round with the only goal of the game at Torquay's Plainmoor tonight.
Last season City put out the likes of Wigan Athletic, Stoke City and Everton - but this year after beating Dulwich Hamlet on penalties in the first round the long trip to Devon has proved fruitless and Ricky Martin's side now have just the league campaign to look forward to for the rest of the season.
You may also want to watch:
The only goal of the game came on 31 minutes when a wind assisted free-kick from Richard Westcott eluded everyone including City goalkeeper Jed Steer and went in off an upright.
City had chances to get themselves back into the game but some poor finishing let the Canaries down - indeed two superb saves from Steer late in game kept City in with a chance.
- 1 ‘Norwich is a cracking club’ - Warnock explains why Boro couldn’t sign Gibson
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Blows for Hugill, McLean and Cantwell as injury crisis deepens for City ahead of trip to Stoke
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Norwich City player ratings after a 3-2 Championship victory at Stoke City
- 5 Farke fears Krul out for weeks
- 6 Excitement mounts ahead of proposed return for Norwich City at Luton
- 7 'We complement each other quite nicely' - Gibson on growing partnership with Hanley
- 8 Connor Southwell: There's plenty to admire about Norwich City's response to relegation
- 9 'I rate him as the best midfield player in the league' - Warnock hails former City star
- 10 Fans return: 2,000 supporters WILL be permitted to attend matches at Carrow Road as Norwich placed in Tier 2
The result leaves Torquay with a home tie against Millwall, who beat Oxford United on Tuesday night.
Norwich City Youth: Steer, Brindley (Ball 62), Gordon, Kkim, D Stephens, Habergham, Clarke (Nwaogu 65), Osemwegie, Drmola, Oakley, Dawkin. Subs not used: A Stephens, Matthews, S Kelly.