Norwich out of FA Youth Cup
Torquay U18s 1, Norwich City U18s 0: There will be no FA Youth Cup glory for City's Academy side this season after they exited the competition in the second round with the only goal of the game at Torquay's Plainmoor tonight.
Torquay Under-18's 1,
Norwich City Under-18's 0
There will be no FA Youth Cup glory for City's Academy side this season after they exited the competition in the second round with the only goal of the game at Torquay's Plainmoor tonight.
Last season City put out the likes of Wigan Athletic, Stoke City and Everton - but this year after beating Dulwich Hamlet on penalties in the first round the long trip to Devon has proved fruitless and Ricky Martin's side now have just the league campaign to look forward to for the rest of the season.
You may also want to watch:
The only goal of the game came on 31 minutes when a wind assisted free-kick from Richard Westcott eluded everyone including City goalkeeper Jed Steer and went in off an upright.
City had chances to get themselves back into the game but some poor finishing let the Canaries down - indeed two superb saves from Steer late in game kept City in with a chance.
- 1 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 4 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 5 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 10 Chris Goreham: A new experience providing coverage of Norwich City...
The result leaves Torquay with a home tie against Millwall, who beat Oxford United on Tuesday night.
Norwich City Youth: Steer, Brindley (Ball 62), Gordon, Kkim, D Stephens, Habergham, Clarke (Nwaogu 65), Osemwegie, Drmola, Oakley, Dawkin. Subs not used: A Stephens, Matthews, S Kelly.