Norwich Reserves edged out at Luton
Luton Town Res 3, Norwich City Res 2: Under-16 goalkeeper Remi Matthews gave away a penalty three minutes into his debut for City reserves in their Totesport.
Luton Town Res 3, Norwich City Res 2
Under-16 goalkeeper Remi Matthews gave away a penalty three minutes into his debut for City reserves in their Totesport.com Combination match at Kenilworth Road yesterday.
Matthews was judged to have upended Jordan Patrick and was then beaten by Ryan Charles, who went on to complete a first half hat-trick.
City pulled a goal back after Charles had volleyed the Blue Square Premier League club 2-0 up mid-way through the half - Damon Lathrope hammering in a free-kick from the edge of the area.
You may also want to watch:
The young Canaries did their best to pull the game out of the bag with a blistering start to the second half.
Cody McDonald hit a post after working himself an opening and Tyree Clarke and Tom Adeyemi both squandered chances before Clarke made amends for his earlier miss by bundling the ball in after McDonald's shot had been blocked on the line in the 53 minutes.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 7 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 8 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 9 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
- 10 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
The young Canaries continued to press with Danny Kelly going close to an equaliser on several occasions.
Luton Res: Fletcher, Miley, Nathaniel, Poku, Caines, Wilkinson, Halford (Barker 60), Powell, Patrick (Watkins 76), Charles (Wood 60), O'Donnell. Unused subs: Harriott, Deeney.
Norwich City Res: Matthews, Francomb, Gordon, Spillane, D Kelly, Lathrope, Adeyemi, Ball, McDonald, Clarke, Dawkin. Subs Osemwegie, Oakley, Brindley, S Kelly, Dobbs.