Norwich Reserves edged out at Luton
Luton Town Res 3, Norwich City Res 2: Under-16 goalkeeper Remi Matthews gave away a penalty three minutes into his debut for City reserves in their Totesport.
Luton Town Res 3, Norwich City Res 2
Under-16 goalkeeper Remi Matthews gave away a penalty three minutes into his debut for City reserves in their Totesport.com Combination match at Kenilworth Road yesterday.
Matthews was judged to have upended Jordan Patrick and was then beaten by Ryan Charles, who went on to complete a first half hat-trick.
City pulled a goal back after Charles had volleyed the Blue Square Premier League club 2-0 up mid-way through the half - Damon Lathrope hammering in a free-kick from the edge of the area.
You may also want to watch:
The young Canaries did their best to pull the game out of the bag with a blistering start to the second half.
Cody McDonald hit a post after working himself an opening and Tyree Clarke and Tom Adeyemi both squandered chances before Clarke made amends for his earlier miss by bundling the ball in after McDonald's shot had been blocked on the line in the 53 minutes.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 8 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 9 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 10 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
The young Canaries continued to press with Danny Kelly going close to an equaliser on several occasions.
Luton Res: Fletcher, Miley, Nathaniel, Poku, Caines, Wilkinson, Halford (Barker 60), Powell, Patrick (Watkins 76), Charles (Wood 60), O'Donnell. Unused subs: Harriott, Deeney.
Norwich City Res: Matthews, Francomb, Gordon, Spillane, D Kelly, Lathrope, Adeyemi, Ball, McDonald, Clarke, Dawkin. Subs Osemwegie, Oakley, Brindley, S Kelly, Dobbs.