Norwich Reserves edged out at Luton
Luton Town Res 3, Norwich City Res 2: Under-16 goalkeeper Remi Matthews gave away a penalty three minutes into his debut for City reserves in their Totesport.
Luton Town Res 3, Norwich City Res 2
Under-16 goalkeeper Remi Matthews gave away a penalty three minutes into his debut for City reserves in their Totesport.com Combination match at Kenilworth Road yesterday.
Matthews was judged to have upended Jordan Patrick and was then beaten by Ryan Charles, who went on to complete a first half hat-trick.
City pulled a goal back after Charles had volleyed the Blue Square Premier League club 2-0 up mid-way through the half - Damon Lathrope hammering in a free-kick from the edge of the area.
The young Canaries did their best to pull the game out of the bag with a blistering start to the second half.
Cody McDonald hit a post after working himself an opening and Tyree Clarke and Tom Adeyemi both squandered chances before Clarke made amends for his earlier miss by bundling the ball in after McDonald's shot had been blocked on the line in the 53 minutes.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 Webber maps out City transfer strategy
- 3 City fans react to controversial Webber interview
- 4 Stuart Webber opens up on Norwich City's dire season
- 5 'The focus now has to be on where the club goes from here' - Robin Sainty
- 6 Media exclusion from Webber interview hardly 'transparent'
- 7 City more together than some think - Webber
- 8 City legend Fleming departs Southampton coaching role
- 9 We haven't given up on City - Fans rush to buy tickets for new season
- 10 How much is Teemu Pukki worth to Norwich City?
The young Canaries continued to press with Danny Kelly going close to an equaliser on several occasions.
Luton Res: Fletcher, Miley, Nathaniel, Poku, Caines, Wilkinson, Halford (Barker 60), Powell, Patrick (Watkins 76), Charles (Wood 60), O'Donnell. Unused subs: Harriott, Deeney.
Norwich City Res: Matthews, Francomb, Gordon, Spillane, D Kelly, Lathrope, Adeyemi, Ball, McDonald, Clarke, Dawkin. Subs Osemwegie, Oakley, Brindley, S Kelly, Dobbs.