Canaries should make move for Everton striker
- Credit: PA
Norwich City should make a move for Josh King this summer, according to former Premier League striker Noel Whelan.
Whelan claims King could be the perfect foil to City’s star man Teemu Pukki in the top-flight next season.
King is currently on loan at Everton but there are reports the Toffees are unlikely to offer the Bournemouth striker a deal beyond the summer.
The 29-year-old is a free agent at the end of the season and could supplement the Canaries’ front line options according to Whelan.
“Josh King has probably still kept his name out there for other teams to take that opportunity,” Whelan told Football Insider.
“Norwich might be a good one for him. They’re always looking for players in that kind of style of play. Someone who can run in behind alongside Teemu Pukki.
“That might be a way forward for him. It might give the opportunity to Josh King to be back in the Premier League. A chance to kickstart his career off again.”
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 7 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 10 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media