Canaries to face Spurs in friendly this Friday - reports
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will face Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham Hotspur in a friendly this Friday, according to a report in a national newspaper.
Both clubs have reportedly agreed to play an in-house practice match as they step up their respective preparations ahead of the Premier League restart later this month, the Telegraph are reporting.
Both teams resume their seasons a week on Friday, with the Canaries welcoming Southampton to Carrow Road and Spurs facing Manchester United later that evening.
Daniel Farke stated last week that City would hope to play friendlies prior to their restart, providing the Premier League permitted them to do so.
The guidelines for playing teams has been to be within 90 minutes of travel, which works for the respective clubs.
Other top-flight clubs stepped up their plans this weekend, with Arsenal thrashing Championship side Charlton Athletic 6-0 and Aston Villa drawing 2-2 with West Brom.
You may also want to watch:
The report claims that teams are only allowed to face opposition they have already played against twice in the Premier League and will not play in the run-in when action starts again on June 17.
City have faced Mourinho’s men on three occasions this season, including a memorable FA Cup victory and a draw at Carrow Road which included a controversial VAR decision involving City’s Teemu Pukki.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
Neither Spurs or Norwich have confirmed the fixture or announced the venue of their friendly and they can be played at stadiums or training grounds.