Norwich City transfer rumours: Arsenal linked with Canaries playmaker
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Emi Buendia is on Arsenal’s January wish-list according to reports as the Gunners look to solve their creative crisis.
Arsenal have made an underwhelming start to their Premier League campaign and sit in 14th spot having scored just 10 goals in 10 games.
Gunners boss Mike Arteta is looking to freshen up his creative options after jettisoning Mesut Ozil from his squad and is considering a move for Buendia according to football.london.
Arsenal had targeted Lyon’s Houssem Aouar last summer but were priced out of a move. They have now it seems turned to Buendia, still has three-and-a-half years left on his contract at Carrow Road.
Buendia, who is expected to return to Norwich’s starting line-up on Wednesday evening at Luton after a one-match suspension, was linked with several clubs in the summer but no-one made a formal bid.
You may also want to watch:
The 23-year-old was dropped by Norwich head coach Daniel Farke earlier this season after his focus in training was questioned following speculation around his future.
However, once the transfer window shut, Buendia has been in outstanding form, helping City to the top of the Championship table.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 3 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 8 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 9 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 10 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
City fans will be bracing themselves for another long January with more Premier League clubs likely to be keeping tabs on the playmaker.