City U23s looking to stretch unbeaten PL2 run in Carrow Road clash with Southampton
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
There is free football at Carrow Road tonight as Norwich City Under-23s take on Southampton in Premier League Two (7pm kick-off).
Matt Gill’s development squad are unbeaten in their last five PL2 games but the previous four have all been draws, with Glenn Middleton on target in a 1-1 draw with West Brom at Carrow Road on Sunday.
“We’re doing the right things but obviously I’ve spoken about the need to be more ruthless in front of goal so we’ve had a couple of days working on that,” U23s boss Gill told City’s website.
“If we can take the play from between both boxes to Friday that’ll be great and then hopefully we can try to finish a few of them opportunities off.
“Some people would say we haven’t won for four games but I’m always trying to keep any run going. The next game is very important and if we win that, the run looks a lot better. That’s what we’ve got to be aiming for.”
You may also want to watch:
See canaries.co.uk for full details of free tickets for the game.
- 1 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 2 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 3 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 4 TEAM NEWS: Rupp injury setback ahead of CIty's trip to Derby
- 5 MATCHDAY LIVE: No promotion but points to be won for City at Derby
- 6 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 7 Farke misses out on monthly award... Again
- 8 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 10 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams