Third defeat in a week for Norwich City U23s as Stoke succeed at Colney
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City Under-23s slipped to 10th place in Division Two of Premier League Two, following a 2-0 home defeat to Stoke City.
The young Canaries were in action at the Lotus Training Centre on Friday night, concluding a busy seven days after a 3-2 loss to Newcastle in PL2 and a 3-1 loss at Portsmouth in the EFL Trophy.
Aidan Fitzpatrick and Isak Thorvaldsson were both denied by good saves in the first half but the Potters earned the win with two goals in eight minutes.
Borussia Dortmund academy product Gabriel Kyeremateng went through one-on-one and slotted past City keeper Archie Mair in the 58th minute and Ash Kigbu made it 2-0 with a powerful shot in the 58th minute.
Next up for David Wright's squad is a trip to Manchester United in PL2 (7pm), with the venue yet to be confirmed. The Red Devils usually play their U23 games at Leigh Sports Village.
You may also want to watch:
City U23s: Mair; Thomas, Omobamidele, Jones, Nizet (Tomkinson 73); Scully, Milovanovic; Thorvaldsson (Parsons 90+5), Adshead, Fitzpatrick (Hondermarck 68); Ahadme. Unused subs: Johnson (GK), Martin
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 3 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 4 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 9 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 10 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case