Third defeat in a week for Norwich City U23s as Stoke succeed at Colney
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City Under-23s slipped to 10th place in Division Two of Premier League Two, following a 2-0 home defeat to Stoke City.
The young Canaries were in action at the Lotus Training Centre on Friday night, concluding a busy seven days after a 3-2 loss to Newcastle in PL2 and a 3-1 loss at Portsmouth in the EFL Trophy.
Aidan Fitzpatrick and Isak Thorvaldsson were both denied by good saves in the first half but the Potters earned the win with two goals in eight minutes.
Borussia Dortmund academy product Gabriel Kyeremateng went through one-on-one and slotted past City keeper Archie Mair in the 58th minute and Ash Kigbu made it 2-0 with a powerful shot in the 58th minute.
Next up for David Wright's squad is a trip to Manchester United in PL2 (7pm), with the venue yet to be confirmed. The Red Devils usually play their U23 games at Leigh Sports Village.
You may also want to watch:
City U23s: Mair; Thomas, Omobamidele, Jones, Nizet (Tomkinson 73); Scully, Milovanovic; Thorvaldsson (Parsons 90+5), Adshead, Fitzpatrick (Hondermarck 68); Ahadme. Unused subs: Johnson (GK), Martin
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 6 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 9 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?