Third defeat in a week for Norwich City U23s as Stoke succeed at Colney
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City Under-23s slipped to 10th place in Division Two of Premier League Two, following a 2-0 home defeat to Stoke City.
The young Canaries were in action at the Lotus Training Centre on Friday night, concluding a busy seven days after a 3-2 loss to Newcastle in PL2 and a 3-1 loss at Portsmouth in the EFL Trophy.
Aidan Fitzpatrick and Isak Thorvaldsson were both denied by good saves in the first half but the Potters earned the win with two goals in eight minutes.
Borussia Dortmund academy product Gabriel Kyeremateng went through one-on-one and slotted past City keeper Archie Mair in the 58th minute and Ash Kigbu made it 2-0 with a powerful shot in the 58th minute.
Next up for David Wright's squad is a trip to Manchester United in PL2 (7pm), with the venue yet to be confirmed. The Red Devils usually play their U23 games at Leigh Sports Village.
You may also want to watch:
City U23s: Mair; Thomas, Omobamidele, Jones, Nizet (Tomkinson 73); Scully, Milovanovic; Thorvaldsson (Parsons 90+5), Adshead, Fitzpatrick (Hondermarck 68); Ahadme. Unused subs: Johnson (GK), Martin
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 5 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 6 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 7 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 8 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 9 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 10 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper