Heise in action again as Martin scores during latest PL2 defeat for City U23s
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Josh Martin’s goal could not prevent a sixth successive defeat in Premier League Two for Norwich City Under-23s.
The tricky attacker equalised in just the 14th minute as the young Canaries hosted Fulham at the Lotus Training Centre on Friday afternoon, calmly chipping the keeper.
However, the Cottagers snatched all the points in the 77th minute, stretching a winless streak for David Wright's side to eight matches and leaving them second from bottom in Division Two.
German left-back Philip Heise played the full match for the fourth successive game with the U23s, as the 28-year-old continues his pursuit of full match fitness to push his first-team claims.
Next up in PL2 is a trip to Reading on Monday, November 25, at Adams Park in Wycombe (7pm).
You may also want to watch:
CITY U23s: Johnson; Thomas, Lomas, Jones, Heise; Milovanovic, Adshead (Hondermarck 76), Fitzpatrick (Scully 61), Thorvaldsson (C), Martin; Ahadme. Unused subs: Rose (GK), Nizet, McAlear
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City