Heise in action again as Martin scores during latest PL2 defeat for City U23s
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Josh Martin’s goal could not prevent a sixth successive defeat in Premier League Two for Norwich City Under-23s.
The tricky attacker equalised in just the 14th minute as the young Canaries hosted Fulham at the Lotus Training Centre on Friday afternoon, calmly chipping the keeper.
However, the Cottagers snatched all the points in the 77th minute, stretching a winless streak for David Wright's side to eight matches and leaving them second from bottom in Division Two.
German left-back Philip Heise played the full match for the fourth successive game with the U23s, as the 28-year-old continues his pursuit of full match fitness to push his first-team claims.
Next up in PL2 is a trip to Reading on Monday, November 25, at Adams Park in Wycombe (7pm).
You may also want to watch:
CITY U23s: Johnson; Thomas, Lomas, Jones, Heise; Milovanovic, Adshead (Hondermarck 76), Fitzpatrick (Scully 61), Thorvaldsson (C), Martin; Ahadme. Unused subs: Rose (GK), Nizet, McAlear
- 1 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 2 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 6 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 7 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 8 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 9 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 10 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work