Dickson-Peters double not enough for young Canaries
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City Under-23s went down 4-3 in a thrilling Premier League 2 Division 2 clash at Burnley.
Burnley were in charge for the opening half an hour and took charge with goals from Michael Mellon and Joe McGlynn.
But Alan Neilson's City side rallied and just before half-time pulled a goal back through Tom Dickson-Peters.
Shae Hutchinson levelled for City soon after the break, but Burnley restored their two-goal advantage thanks to goals from Jacob Bedeau and Ne-Jai Tucker.
Dickson-Peters made it 10 goals in his last 10 games with five minutes remaining, but City couldn't manage another equaliser.
City's Under-23s next face Birmingham City at The Walks next Friday (7pm).
Burnley U23s: Waller, Armstrong, Glennon, Helm, Thomas (Rooney 74), Bedeau, Tucker (Costelloe 72), Woods, Mellon, McGlynn (Thompson 76), Dodgson. Subs not used: Allen, Vaughan.
- 1 Former City midfielder poised to move again
- 2 'I fell in love with the Championship' - Ex-Canaries ace joins Bristol City
- 3 'They’ve come out of nowhere' - Ferdinand assesses City survival chances
- 4 City duo nominated for Premier League awards
- 5 Hanley urges City to up the ante
- 6 On-loan City striker Soto switches Portugal for Scotland
- 7 Put your questions to Canaries legend Chris Sutton
- 8 City survival rival will improve under my old boss - Sutton
- 9 City striker frustrated but ready to battle if Baggies loan continues
- 10 Injury scare for in-form City forward at Southend
Goals: Mellon 8, McGlynn 13, Bedeau 52, Tucker 70.
Norwich City U23s: Rose, Giurgi, Earley, Tomkinson, Warner, Khumbeni, Rowe, Clarke, Hutchinson, Dickson-Peters, Kamara. Subs not used: Hills, Berry, Duffy, Shipley
Goals: Dickson-Peters 44, 85, Hutchinson 49.