Norwich United 2 Waltham Abbey 0: First home win of the season for Planters
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Goals from Hafeez Sanusi and Adam Hipperson saw Norwich United lift themselves off the bottom of the table with a convincing victory over Waltham Abbey.
The Planters opened the scoring in the 25th minute after Adam Hipperson’s run was blocked, Sanusi picked up the loose ball and skipped past three challenges before stroking past Lewis Lockyer and inside the far post.
Lockyer then did well to tip a rasping drive from Nathan Stewart onto the bar to keep Abbey in the game at half-time.
Three minutes after the break Stewart squared from the right and Adam Hipperson hit home from close range.
The visitors never really threatened although Andy Wilton saved well from Aron Gordon and the game was effectively over seven minutes from time when Spencer Harrison received a second yellow as the Planters finally recorded their first home win of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Planters: Wilton, Mackie, Brown, Wones, Eastaugh, Watts, Henery (Jackson 77), Pollock, Hipperson (Lapite 67), Stewart (Datocampol 86), Sanusi.
Waltham Abbey: Lockyer, Glasgow (Martin 78), Joynes, Benoit, Harrison, Daveney, Gordon, Holland (Spencer 67), Russell, Ngandu (Brampton 74), Rimmell.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 5 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
Referee: Andrew Gray. Assistants: Thomas Harvey & Eddie Read.