Norwich United 2 Waltham Abbey 0: First home win of the season for Planters
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Goals from Hafeez Sanusi and Adam Hipperson saw Norwich United lift themselves off the bottom of the table with a convincing victory over Waltham Abbey.
The Planters opened the scoring in the 25th minute after Adam Hipperson’s run was blocked, Sanusi picked up the loose ball and skipped past three challenges before stroking past Lewis Lockyer and inside the far post.
Lockyer then did well to tip a rasping drive from Nathan Stewart onto the bar to keep Abbey in the game at half-time.
Three minutes after the break Stewart squared from the right and Adam Hipperson hit home from close range.
The visitors never really threatened although Andy Wilton saved well from Aron Gordon and the game was effectively over seven minutes from time when Spencer Harrison received a second yellow as the Planters finally recorded their first home win of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Planters: Wilton, Mackie, Brown, Wones, Eastaugh, Watts, Henery (Jackson 77), Pollock, Hipperson (Lapite 67), Stewart (Datocampol 86), Sanusi.
Waltham Abbey: Lockyer, Glasgow (Martin 78), Joynes, Benoit, Harrison, Daveney, Gordon, Holland (Spencer 67), Russell, Ngandu (Brampton 74), Rimmell.
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 6 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 10 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
Referee: Andrew Gray. Assistants: Thomas Harvey & Eddie Read.