STARTING XIs: Cantwell and Pukki start for Canaries against Birmingham
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Todd Cantwell returns to the starting XI as Norwich City make two changes for tonight’s clash with Birmingham at Carrow Road.
Cantwell returns after an absence of three games, coming in for Adam Idah on the left wing, who is on the bench alongside Przemek Placheta.
Teemu Pukki also starts, in what appears to be in support of lead striker Jordan Hugill, with Marco Stiepermann dropping out of the squad completely due to illness.
The Canaries are without full-back Sam Byram (hamstring) and attacking midfielders Onel Hernandez (groin) and Kieran Dowell until January, following surgery on their respective injuries.
Birmingham make three changes to their starting line-up, with Marc Roberts and Ivan Sunjic coming in to midfield in place of Dan Crowley and Gary Gardner.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Leko also starts on the wing ahead of Jeremie Bala, who drops to the bench, with striker Lukas Jutkiewicz still unavailable through illness.
The Blues only finished two points clear of relegation last season and replaced Pep Clotet with former Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest manager Aitor Karanka, making a solid but unspectacular start under Jose Mourinho’s former assistant at Real Madrid.
- 1 'I rate him as the best midfield player in the league' - Warnock hails former City star
- 2 Fans return: 2,000 supporters WILL be permitted to attend matches at Carrow Road as Norwich placed in Tier 2
- 3 Farke fears Krul out for weeks
- 4 ‘Norwich is a cracking club’ - Warnock explains why Boro couldn’t sign Gibson
- 5 Blows for Hugill, McLean and Cantwell as injury crisis deepens for City ahead of trip to Stoke
- 6 Excitement mounts ahead of proposed return for Norwich City at Luton
- 7 Connor Southwell: There's plenty to admire about Norwich City's response to relegation
- 8 'We complement each other quite nicely' - Gibson on growing partnership with Hanley
- 9 Former City midfielder Holt resigns as Livingston boss
- 10 'A crazy few weeks' - City star on Barcelona transfer links
They sit a point and five places behind City in 16th in the early table after losing their first game of the campaign when they were beaten 1-0 at home by Sheffield Wednesday, having won one and drawn three of their opening four games.
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Hanley (C), Gibson, Qunitilla; Rupp, Skipp; Buendia, Pukki, Cantwell; Hugill. Subs: McGovern (GK), Tettey, McLean, Vrancic, Placheta, Martin, Idah
BIRMINGHAM (4-2-3-1): Etheridge; Collin, Dean (C), Friend, Pedersen; Roberts, Clayton; Sanchez, Sunjic, Leko; Hogan. Subs: Prieto (GK), Boyd-Munce, San Jose, Dacres-Cogley, Gardner, McGree, Bela
REFEREE: Oliver Langford