STARTING XIs: Cantwell and Pukki start for Canaries against Birmingham
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Todd Cantwell returns to the starting XI as Norwich City make two changes for tonight’s clash with Birmingham at Carrow Road.
Cantwell returns after an absence of three games, coming in for Adam Idah on the left wing, who is on the bench alongside Przemek Placheta.
Teemu Pukki also starts, in what appears to be in support of lead striker Jordan Hugill, with Marco Stiepermann dropping out of the squad completely due to illness.
The Canaries are without full-back Sam Byram (hamstring) and attacking midfielders Onel Hernandez (groin) and Kieran Dowell until January, following surgery on their respective injuries.
Birmingham make three changes to their starting line-up, with Marc Roberts and Ivan Sunjic coming in to midfield in place of Dan Crowley and Gary Gardner.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Leko also starts on the wing ahead of Jeremie Bala, who drops to the bench, with striker Lukas Jutkiewicz still unavailable through illness.
The Blues only finished two points clear of relegation last season and replaced Pep Clotet with former Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest manager Aitor Karanka, making a solid but unspectacular start under Jose Mourinho’s former assistant at Real Madrid.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 9 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 10 City hold talks with Nyland
They sit a point and five places behind City in 16th in the early table after losing their first game of the campaign when they were beaten 1-0 at home by Sheffield Wednesday, having won one and drawn three of their opening four games.
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Hanley (C), Gibson, Qunitilla; Rupp, Skipp; Buendia, Pukki, Cantwell; Hugill. Subs: McGovern (GK), Tettey, McLean, Vrancic, Placheta, Martin, Idah
BIRMINGHAM (4-2-3-1): Etheridge; Collin, Dean (C), Friend, Pedersen; Roberts, Clayton; Sanchez, Sunjic, Leko; Hogan. Subs: Prieto (GK), Boyd-Munce, San Jose, Dacres-Cogley, Gardner, McGree, Bela
REFEREE: Oliver Langford