STARTING XIs: Cantwell and Pukki start for Canaries against Birmingham
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Todd Cantwell returns to the starting XI as Norwich City make two changes for tonight’s clash with Birmingham at Carrow Road.
Cantwell returns after an absence of three games, coming in for Adam Idah on the left wing, who is on the bench alongside Przemek Placheta.
Teemu Pukki also starts, in what appears to be in support of lead striker Jordan Hugill, with Marco Stiepermann dropping out of the squad completely due to illness.
The Canaries are without full-back Sam Byram (hamstring) and attacking midfielders Onel Hernandez (groin) and Kieran Dowell until January, following surgery on their respective injuries.
Birmingham make three changes to their starting line-up, with Marc Roberts and Ivan Sunjic coming in to midfield in place of Dan Crowley and Gary Gardner.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Leko also starts on the wing ahead of Jeremie Bala, who drops to the bench, with striker Lukas Jutkiewicz still unavailable through illness.
The Blues only finished two points clear of relegation last season and replaced Pep Clotet with former Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest manager Aitor Karanka, making a solid but unspectacular start under Jose Mourinho’s former assistant at Real Madrid.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 9 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
They sit a point and five places behind City in 16th in the early table after losing their first game of the campaign when they were beaten 1-0 at home by Sheffield Wednesday, having won one and drawn three of their opening four games.
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Hanley (C), Gibson, Qunitilla; Rupp, Skipp; Buendia, Pukki, Cantwell; Hugill. Subs: McGovern (GK), Tettey, McLean, Vrancic, Placheta, Martin, Idah
BIRMINGHAM (4-2-3-1): Etheridge; Collin, Dean (C), Friend, Pedersen; Roberts, Clayton; Sanchez, Sunjic, Leko; Hogan. Subs: Prieto (GK), Boyd-Munce, San Jose, Dacres-Cogley, Gardner, McGree, Bela
REFEREE: Oliver Langford