MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beat Sky Blues in FA Cup
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City took a break from the Championship promotion race to beat Coventry 2-0 in the FA Cup third round this lunchtime.
The third round tie brings the Sky Blues back to Carrow Road less than two months since they grabbed a 1-1 draw thanks to a late goal from Maxime Biamou in late November, when the Canaries were at the peak of their injury crisis.
Former City striker Mark Robins led the visitors to automatic promotion from League One last season and have made a decent start to the season, winning 2-1 at Millwall last weekend to put them seven points clear of the relegation zone at the halfway point of the campaign.
Norwich sit four points clear at the top of the Championship and came close to the FA Cup semi-finals as a Premier League team last year, falling to a 2-1 home defeat to Manchester United in extra-time in the quarter-finals.
More prevalent perhaps though is the 2018-19 season when Daniel Farke engineered a Championship title win, when a much-changed team lost 1-0 at Carrow Road to League One side Portsmouth, with defender Grant Hanley sent off in the first half.
Coventry, who won the FA Cup in 1987, made it to the fourth round last season and took Championship side Birmingham to a replay before being beaten 4-1 on penalties.
- You can re-live how the game unfolded in the live blog above
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 8 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 9 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know