MATCHDAY LIVE: City beaten 1-0 again as Rooney wins it late on for Derby
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City are chasing their first home win of the Championship season when they take on struggling Derby this lunchtime - and you can follow all the updates, analysis and reaction from our reporters at Carrow Road.
The Canaries are yet to settle following relegation from the Premier League, due to transfer window distractions, with defender Ben Godfrey on the verge of becoming the second big sale of the season with a move to Everton worth a club record initial fee of £25million.
Daniel Farke’s team won 1-0 at Huddersfield on the opening weekend but had to fight back twice to earn a 2-2 draw with Preston in this first home match, before losing 1-0 at Bournemouth last Sunday - without Todd Cantwell and Emi Buendia as Farke felt both had been distracted by transfer speculation.
Carrow Road was able to welcome 1,000 season tickets back to the stadium for the Preston game, with social distancing and Covid-19 guidelines in place, but the government has since put the pilot projects for the return of crowds to stadiums on pause.
Derby arrive (12.30pm kick-off) having lost all three of their games so far, conceding eight goals and conceding just one, despite having England’s record goal-scorer Wayne Rooney in their squad.
You may also want to watch:
- You can follow all the action in the live blog above
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 8 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit