STARTING XIs: Canaries forced into four changes and De Bruyne on the bench for Manchester City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Injury-hit Norwich City have been forced into four changes to their starting XI for this evening’s clash with reigning Premier League champions Manchester City – naming two keepers among their substitutes.
The Canaries are in the midst of an injury crisis which has seen defenders Timm Klose and Christoph Zimmermann, as well as winger Onel Hernandez, ruled out with long-term problems.
Right-back Max Aarons (ankle) and midfielder Tom Trybull (ankle) are also set to miss the next few weeks, while Moritz Leitner has a calf problem.
Goalkeeper Tim Krul (elbow), defender Ben Godfrey (groin) and midfielder Alex Tettey (calf) were all doubts but start, and Grant Hanley (groin) is fit enough for the bench but only able to play in an emergency.
Sam Byram replaces Aarons, Tettey and Kenny McLean come into midfield in place of Trybull and Leitner, and Ibrahim Amadou starts at centre-back in place of Zimmermann.
You may also want to watch:
The injuries have forced Daniel Farke into naming two keepers on the bench, with Michael McGovern alongside Ralf Fahrmann.
The visitors are forced into a change by injury as well, with France centre-back Aymeric Laporte ruled out until at least January by a knee injury.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
It's three in total for Pep Guardiola, with John Stones coming in for Laporte, Ilkay Gundogan coming into midfield in place of benched Belgium star Kevin De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva replacing Riyad Mahrez.
NORWICH: Krul; Byram, Amadou, Godfrey, Lewis; Tettey (C), McLean; Buendia, Stiepermann, Cantwell; Pukki. Subs: Fahrmann (GK), McGovern (GK), Hanley, Heise, Srbeny, Idah, Drmic
MAN CITY: Ederson; Walker, Otamendi, Stones, Zinchenko; Gundogan, Rodri, David Silva (C); Sterling, Aguero, Bernardo Silva. Subs: Bravo (GK), Joao Cancelo, De Bruyne, Jesus, Fernandinho, Foden, Mahrez