STARTING XIs: Canaries forced into four changes and De Bruyne on the bench for Manchester City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Injury-hit Norwich City have been forced into four changes to their starting XI for this evening’s clash with reigning Premier League champions Manchester City – naming two keepers among their substitutes.
The Canaries are in the midst of an injury crisis which has seen defenders Timm Klose and Christoph Zimmermann, as well as winger Onel Hernandez, ruled out with long-term problems.
Right-back Max Aarons (ankle) and midfielder Tom Trybull (ankle) are also set to miss the next few weeks, while Moritz Leitner has a calf problem.
Goalkeeper Tim Krul (elbow), defender Ben Godfrey (groin) and midfielder Alex Tettey (calf) were all doubts but start, and Grant Hanley (groin) is fit enough for the bench but only able to play in an emergency.
Sam Byram replaces Aarons, Tettey and Kenny McLean come into midfield in place of Trybull and Leitner, and Ibrahim Amadou starts at centre-back in place of Zimmermann.
You may also want to watch:
The injuries have forced Daniel Farke into naming two keepers on the bench, with Michael McGovern alongside Ralf Fahrmann.
The visitors are forced into a change by injury as well, with France centre-back Aymeric Laporte ruled out until at least January by a knee injury.
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 4 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 5 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 6 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 7 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 8 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 9 'We need to adapt' - Skipp keen to share the goals around in Pukki's absence
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Arsenal linked with Canaries playmaker
It's three in total for Pep Guardiola, with John Stones coming in for Laporte, Ilkay Gundogan coming into midfield in place of benched Belgium star Kevin De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva replacing Riyad Mahrez.
NORWICH: Krul; Byram, Amadou, Godfrey, Lewis; Tettey (C), McLean; Buendia, Stiepermann, Cantwell; Pukki. Subs: Fahrmann (GK), McGovern (GK), Hanley, Heise, Srbeny, Idah, Drmic
MAN CITY: Ederson; Walker, Otamendi, Stones, Zinchenko; Gundogan, Rodri, David Silva (C); Sterling, Aguero, Bernardo Silva. Subs: Bravo (GK), Joao Cancelo, De Bruyne, Jesus, Fernandinho, Foden, Mahrez