STARTING XIs: Buendia misses City’s clash with Preston due to injury issue
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Emi Buendia doesn’t return from suspension for Norwich City this afternoon, after failing a late fitness test on a shin injury picked up in training on Friday.
Head coach Daniel Farke has gone with the same squad of 18 and starting XI which won 1-0 at Huddersfield on the opening weekend of the Championship season.
The Canaries are without Marco Stiepermann with a back issue and full-back Sam Byram is out until January as he recovers from a second surgery on his hamstring.
Centre-back Grant Hanley is closing on a return from his hamstring injury though, with the captain due to step up to full training next week.
Tom Trybull, Mo Leitner and Josip Drmic remain out of consideration as they search for new clubs, having not been given squad numbers for this season.
You may also want to watch:
North End arrive having lost 1-0 at home to Swansea on the opening weekend but they bounced back on Tuesday, making nine changes and winning 2-1 at Derby in the League Cup second round.
The visitors make five changes from that defeat to Swansea, with Declan Rudd returning in goal, Sean Maguire starting up front and Patrick Bauer, Darnell Fisher and Joe Rafferty coming into defence.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 5 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
Alex Neil has been forced into two late changes though, with striker Jayden Stockley due to start up front up until lunchtime, only to get a call to say he needed to self-isolate due to one of his family being in contact with someone who has Covid-19 symptoms.
Star man Daniel Johnson also misses the game with a minor groin injury, but had travelled to Norfolk.
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann (C), Godfrey, Quintilla; Skipp, McLean; Cantwell, Dowell, Hernandez; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Gibson, Tettey, Rupp, Placheta, Idah, Hugill
PRESTON (4-2-3-1): Rudd; Fisher, Bauer, Davies, Raffert; Pearson, Ledson, Barkhuizen, Browne (C), Sinclair; Maguire. Subs: Ripley (GK), Harrop, Gallagher, Storey, Hughes, Bodin, Potts
REFEREE: John Brooks