STARTING XIs: Buendia misses City’s clash with Preston due to injury issue
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Emi Buendia doesn’t return from suspension for Norwich City this afternoon, after failing a late fitness test on a shin injury picked up in training on Friday.
Head coach Daniel Farke has gone with the same squad of 18 and starting XI which won 1-0 at Huddersfield on the opening weekend of the Championship season.
The Canaries are without Marco Stiepermann with a back issue and full-back Sam Byram is out until January as he recovers from a second surgery on his hamstring.
Centre-back Grant Hanley is closing on a return from his hamstring injury though, with the captain due to step up to full training next week.
Tom Trybull, Mo Leitner and Josip Drmic remain out of consideration as they search for new clubs, having not been given squad numbers for this season.
You may also want to watch:
North End arrive having lost 1-0 at home to Swansea on the opening weekend but they bounced back on Tuesday, making nine changes and winning 2-1 at Derby in the League Cup second round.
The visitors make five changes from that defeat to Swansea, with Declan Rudd returning in goal, Sean Maguire starting up front and Patrick Bauer, Darnell Fisher and Joe Rafferty coming into defence.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 10 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
Alex Neil has been forced into two late changes though, with striker Jayden Stockley due to start up front up until lunchtime, only to get a call to say he needed to self-isolate due to one of his family being in contact with someone who has Covid-19 symptoms.
Star man Daniel Johnson also misses the game with a minor groin injury, but had travelled to Norfolk.
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann (C), Godfrey, Quintilla; Skipp, McLean; Cantwell, Dowell, Hernandez; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Gibson, Tettey, Rupp, Placheta, Idah, Hugill
PRESTON (4-2-3-1): Rudd; Fisher, Bauer, Davies, Raffert; Pearson, Ledson, Barkhuizen, Browne (C), Sinclair; Maguire. Subs: Ripley (GK), Harrop, Gallagher, Storey, Hughes, Bodin, Potts
REFEREE: John Brooks