PODCAST: Norwich City v Southampton - it’s football, but not as we know it
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ahead of Norwich City resuming their Premier League season against Southampton our Canaries correspondents convened online to preview Friday’s night’s Carrow Road clash in the latest edition of the Pink Un Podcast.
Paddy Davitt, Chris Lakey and Connor Southwell met up for a video call from their home offices to discuss all the big issues ahead of the game, as City begin their attempt to pull off a great escape.
Daniel Farke’s team have spent three months looking up at the rest of the top flight’s teams, sitting bottom and six points from safety with nine games remaining, all of which will be played behind closed doors due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
That starts with home clashes against Southampton on Friday and Everton next Wednesday, both of whom are in mid-table and clear of relegation trouble ahead of the restart.
The Saints had lost four of their last five league games thanks to a 1-0 home loss to Newcastle prior to the season being suspended and sit 14th in the table, seven points clear of trouble.
You may also want to watch:
- You can listen to our preview pod in the audio player below or you can subscribe below
- 1 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 2 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 3 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 4 TEAM NEWS: Rupp injury setback ahead of CIty's trip to Derby
- 5 MATCHDAY LIVE: No promotion but points to be won for City at Derby
- 6 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 7 Farke misses out on monthly award... Again
- 8 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 10 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams