PRESSER RECAP: Cantwell ruled out and Canaries duo also fighting to be fit for trip to Watford
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s fate may look settled but the Premier League season isn’t over yet and Daniel Farke spoke to the media this afternoon ahead of his team’s trip to Watford.
The Canaries travel to Vicarage Road on Tuesday evening (6pm kick-off) sitting seven points from safety with five games to play, after a 1-0 home defeat to Brighton on Saturday inflicted a fifth straight defeat.
Farke is due to deliver his latest team news and take questions from the media via a video conference from around 1.15pm.
The Hornets have fared little better since the season resumed last month, with an initially encouraging 1-1 home draw with Leicester followed by a 1-0 loss at Burnley, a 3-1 home defeat to Southampton and a third loss in a row when beaten 3-0 at Chelsea on Saturday evening.
Nigel Pearson’s arrival in December sparked an initial upturn and a six-game unbeaten run but since that run ended in January they have won just one of 10 games - bizarrely enough a 3-0 home victory over champions Liverpool.
You may also want to watch:
- You can follow updates from the press conference above
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 6 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 7 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 8 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford