RELEGATION REACTION: Disastrous day as City are thrashed by West Ham
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have been relegated from the Premier League after a 4-0 home thrashing at the hands of West Ham.
The Canaries know they will be relegated straight back to the Championship with three games remaining if they lose to West Ham today, as it would leave them at least 10 points from safety.
Daniel Farke’s team are also trying to avoid equalling a club record of seven consecutive defeats, last achieved by the team of 1994-95 after John Deehan was replaced by Gary Megson during the latter stages of the season, amid protests against then chairman Robert Chase.
The Hammers are in desperate need of the win as well, after losing 1-0 at home to Burnley in midweek to miss a big chance to boost their survival chances.
That followed a 3-2 home win over Chelsea and a 1-1 draw at Newcastle which had moved David Moyes’ team up to 16th in the table.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors won the reverse fixture 2-0 at the London Stadium in August under former manager Manuel Pellegrini, with £45million striker Sebastien Haller and Ukraine international Andriy Yarmolenko scoring the goals.
- You can follow all of the updates, analysis and reaction with our reporters at Carrow Road in our Matchday Live blog above
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 5 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest