MATCHDAY RECAP: Vrancic to the rescue as City labour to win over Wycombe
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City are searching for a third successive Championship win when they take on struggling Wycombe this afternoon - and you can follow all the updates, analysis and reaction from Carrow Road in our Matchday Live blog.
The Canaries built on a hard fought 2-1 win at Rotherham on Saturday when they won 1-0 at home against Birmingham on Tuesday, night, earning back-to-back victories for the first time since May 2019.
A win today would almost certainly move Daniel Farke’s team into the play-off positions and confidence has been buoyed by a totally dominant display in midweek, although it wasn’t until the 87th minute that Mario Vrancic broke the deadlock.
Wycombe arrive having made a worrying start to their first ever season in the second tier of English football, after promotion via the League One play-offs.
Wanderers have lost all six of their games so far, conceding 13 and scoring just once. However their last two performances have been encouraging, against two teams flying high in the early table.
You may also want to watch:
Gareth Ainsworth’s team were beaten 2-1 at home by Millwall last weekend and then were edged out 1-0 away to leaders Reading on Tuesday.
- Follow all the action as it unfolds in the live blog above
- 1 Farke's take on Krul and Pukki body blows
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 3 Former City keeper signs for Coventry ahead of Carrow Road clash
- 4 Casualty list at City is one for the fiction writers
- 5 Matchday Live: City trying to extend unbeaten run to 10 games as they face Coventry
- 6 Webber believes City will be better prepared for top flight if promotion can be secured
- 7 Main man Tettey has still got it
- 8 Get behind McGovern urges Farke
- 9 Late McCracken penalty save ensures City U23s draw with Burnley
- 10 Decade of East Anglian Derby dominance for Canaries