MATCHDAY RECAP: Vrancic to the rescue as City labour to win over Wycombe
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City are searching for a third successive Championship win when they take on struggling Wycombe this afternoon - and you can follow all the updates, analysis and reaction from Carrow Road in our Matchday Live blog.
The Canaries built on a hard fought 2-1 win at Rotherham on Saturday when they won 1-0 at home against Birmingham on Tuesday, night, earning back-to-back victories for the first time since May 2019.
A win today would almost certainly move Daniel Farke’s team into the play-off positions and confidence has been buoyed by a totally dominant display in midweek, although it wasn’t until the 87th minute that Mario Vrancic broke the deadlock.
Wycombe arrive having made a worrying start to their first ever season in the second tier of English football, after promotion via the League One play-offs.
Wanderers have lost all six of their games so far, conceding 13 and scoring just once. However their last two performances have been encouraging, against two teams flying high in the early table.
You may also want to watch:
Gareth Ainsworth’s team were beaten 2-1 at home by Millwall last weekend and then were edged out 1-0 away to leaders Reading on Tuesday.
- Follow all the action as it unfolds in the live blog above
- 1 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 2 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 4 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 7 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 8 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
- 9 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level