Nostro beat league leaders Feltwell United on penalties to reach cup final
The final of the Ben Smith Memorial Cup will be contested by Morley Village and Division Two outfit Nostro on May Day Bank Holiday morning. Morley Village beat Division Four’s Litcham by the only goal of the game while Nostro travelled to Division One leaders Feltwell United and held them to a 2-2 draw before triumphing 4-3 on penalties.
There were just three matches in Division One. Second placed Dereham Town A were beaten 3-0 at home by Thetford Rovers Reserves, Gressenhall beat Bridgham United 4-0 and Shipdham won 2-0 at bottom team Narborough.
Division Two leaders Castle Acre Swifts beat Necton 2-1 and Yaxham move above Sporle into third place after beating them 3-1. Methwold Rovers won 3-2 at home to Breckland Wanderers and Thurton & Ashby beat West End 6-1.
The top two in Division Three, Scarning United and Bawdeswell, met and played out a goalless draw. Third placed Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves dropped three points in going down to a 2-0 home defeat at the hands of Tugas United, a result which lifts them to sixth place with games in hand on all the teams above them.
Marham Wanderers stay fourth after beating Rampant Horse 5-1 while Wendling took all three points from their trip to Stoke Ferry with a 4-0 win. The bottom two both lost - Hingham Athletic Reserves were beaten 4-3 at home by Great Cressingham while bottom team Narborough Reserves lost 7-0 at home to Colkirk.
You may also want to watch:
Division Four leaders Watton United A stretched their lead at the top of the table to six points with a 3-0 win at Castle Acre Swifts Reserves. Yaxham Reserves are up to third place after beating bottom team Methwold United 7-0 and North Elmham Reserves drop to fourth after being held to a 1-1 draw by Nostro Reserves. At the other end of the table, Beetley United won 2-0 at Dereham Cockers United and Shipdham Reserves went down 5-0 at home to Methwold Rovers Reserves.
In the third round of the Dick Davey Ambulance Cup, Swaffham Town A beat Rockland United by the odd goal of seven, Saham Toney Reserves won 4-1 at Tacolneston Reserves and North Elmham beat Walsingham United 6-2. The semi-final draw sees Saham Toney Reserves entertaining Northwold S&SC or Tacolneston while Swaffham Town A will be at home to North Elmham.
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 5 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 6 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 8 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?