Nostro beat league leaders Feltwell United on penalties to reach cup final
The final of the Ben Smith Memorial Cup will be contested by Morley Village and Division Two outfit Nostro on May Day Bank Holiday morning. Morley Village beat Division Four’s Litcham by the only goal of the game while Nostro travelled to Division One leaders Feltwell United and held them to a 2-2 draw before triumphing 4-3 on penalties.
There were just three matches in Division One. Second placed Dereham Town A were beaten 3-0 at home by Thetford Rovers Reserves, Gressenhall beat Bridgham United 4-0 and Shipdham won 2-0 at bottom team Narborough.
Division Two leaders Castle Acre Swifts beat Necton 2-1 and Yaxham move above Sporle into third place after beating them 3-1. Methwold Rovers won 3-2 at home to Breckland Wanderers and Thurton & Ashby beat West End 6-1.
The top two in Division Three, Scarning United and Bawdeswell, met and played out a goalless draw. Third placed Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves dropped three points in going down to a 2-0 home defeat at the hands of Tugas United, a result which lifts them to sixth place with games in hand on all the teams above them.
Marham Wanderers stay fourth after beating Rampant Horse 5-1 while Wendling took all three points from their trip to Stoke Ferry with a 4-0 win. The bottom two both lost - Hingham Athletic Reserves were beaten 4-3 at home by Great Cressingham while bottom team Narborough Reserves lost 7-0 at home to Colkirk.
You may also want to watch:
Division Four leaders Watton United A stretched their lead at the top of the table to six points with a 3-0 win at Castle Acre Swifts Reserves. Yaxham Reserves are up to third place after beating bottom team Methwold United 7-0 and North Elmham Reserves drop to fourth after being held to a 1-1 draw by Nostro Reserves. At the other end of the table, Beetley United won 2-0 at Dereham Cockers United and Shipdham Reserves went down 5-0 at home to Methwold Rovers Reserves.
In the third round of the Dick Davey Ambulance Cup, Swaffham Town A beat Rockland United by the odd goal of seven, Saham Toney Reserves won 4-1 at Tacolneston Reserves and North Elmham beat Walsingham United 6-2. The semi-final draw sees Saham Toney Reserves entertaining Northwold S&SC or Tacolneston while Swaffham Town A will be at home to North Elmham.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumour: Boro full-back on the radar
- 2 City forward closing in on Huddersfield loan move
- 3 'We’ll both push each other for that shirt' - City ace's Aarons battle
- 4 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 5 Former Norwich City chief set for Hibs
- 6 'They want the best for me' - Youngster's debt to City for loan chance
- 7 HAVE YOUR SAY: Where will Norwich City finish in the Premier League next season?
- 8 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 9 Is it much ado about nothing for worried Norwich fans?
- 10 Hibs role too good to turn down for ex-City chief