Nostro beat league leaders Feltwell United on penalties to reach cup final
The final of the Ben Smith Memorial Cup will be contested by Morley Village and Division Two outfit Nostro on May Day Bank Holiday morning. Morley Village beat Division Four’s Litcham by the only goal of the game while Nostro travelled to Division One leaders Feltwell United and held them to a 2-2 draw before triumphing 4-3 on penalties.
There were just three matches in Division One. Second placed Dereham Town A were beaten 3-0 at home by Thetford Rovers Reserves, Gressenhall beat Bridgham United 4-0 and Shipdham won 2-0 at bottom team Narborough.
Division Two leaders Castle Acre Swifts beat Necton 2-1 and Yaxham move above Sporle into third place after beating them 3-1. Methwold Rovers won 3-2 at home to Breckland Wanderers and Thurton & Ashby beat West End 6-1.
The top two in Division Three, Scarning United and Bawdeswell, met and played out a goalless draw. Third placed Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves dropped three points in going down to a 2-0 home defeat at the hands of Tugas United, a result which lifts them to sixth place with games in hand on all the teams above them.
Marham Wanderers stay fourth after beating Rampant Horse 5-1 while Wendling took all three points from their trip to Stoke Ferry with a 4-0 win. The bottom two both lost - Hingham Athletic Reserves were beaten 4-3 at home by Great Cressingham while bottom team Narborough Reserves lost 7-0 at home to Colkirk.
You may also want to watch:
Division Four leaders Watton United A stretched their lead at the top of the table to six points with a 3-0 win at Castle Acre Swifts Reserves. Yaxham Reserves are up to third place after beating bottom team Methwold United 7-0 and North Elmham Reserves drop to fourth after being held to a 1-1 draw by Nostro Reserves. At the other end of the table, Beetley United won 2-0 at Dereham Cockers United and Shipdham Reserves went down 5-0 at home to Methwold Rovers Reserves.
In the third round of the Dick Davey Ambulance Cup, Swaffham Town A beat Rockland United by the odd goal of seven, Saham Toney Reserves won 4-1 at Tacolneston Reserves and North Elmham beat Walsingham United 6-2. The semi-final draw sees Saham Toney Reserves entertaining Northwold S&SC or Tacolneston while Swaffham Town A will be at home to North Elmham.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 2 Farke's take on Krul and Pukki body blows
- 3 STARTING XIs: Three changes and very young bench for injury-hit City against Coventry
- 4 Matchday Recap: City top and unbeaten in 10 after draw with Coventry
- 5 Late heartbreak for injury-plagued City as Biamou's late strike rescues a point for Coventry
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Canaries 1-1 Coventry City
- 7 Aarons suffers shin injury
- 8 'Frustrating' - City fans dejected after injury crisis worsens during Coventry draw
- 9 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 10 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Sky Blues